Barca fans get together in Manchester

peoffrey said:
Any fit birds amongst them? Always fancied getting hold of a Catalonian woman and giving her the full Peoffrey experience.

does it involve chloroform and a van?

Bluemoonie92 said:
peoffrey said:
Any fit birds amongst them? Always fancied getting hold of a Catalonian woman and giving her the full Peoffrey experience.

does it involve chloroform and a van?

That's actually my chat up line. Does this rag smell of chloroform to you? Last year, my valentine poem was:

"Roses are red
Violets are blue
I've got a knife
Get in the van"

Still, we might get fit Catalonian birds to ogle. That's something.

Puppet Master Silva said:
its a Barm said:
Why so much hostility towards the barca fans coming over for the game i personally like that they want to come in the city center to enjoy a few beers that's what i like to do in European aways give them a break we have got to go there soon.

NO! We're gonna kick the shit out of all of 'em!

Catalan- Ooh adequada travessa
English- Ooh pwopa naughty

TueartsCossackSpray said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
its a Barm said:
Why so much hostility towards the barca fans coming over for the game i personally like that they want to come in the city center to enjoy a few beers that's what i like to do in European aways give them a break we have got to go there soon.

NO! We're gonna kick the shit out of all of 'em!

Catalan- Ooh adequada travessa
English- Ooh pwopa naughty

I'm detecting a "whoosh"

calum down said:
bluesmith said:
Have they sold out? Spanish fans are notoriously bad travellers.

just a heads-up here lads & lasses...

i was lucky enough to live in barcelona for a year and i pretty quickly realised that the majority of them do not consider themselves to be spanish.
barcelona is in catalonia & they are incredibly passionate about independence form spain,
so much so that they have regular marches through the city.

you will find they are very fluent in english so there's no problem communicating at all
and although they understand spanish they would rather you don't speak it to them.
(a few of them actually find it insulting and ignorant)

on first hearing, catalan sounds like a mix between spanish and french but it is a separate language of its own developed from latin 1000yrs ago

it was actually made illegal to speak or write in 1940 by the fascist dictatorship in power in spain.
it is now the official language - taught in school - even the newspapers use it.

so if we intend to greet them nicely - it's best not to call them spanish or speak to them in a language that represents everything they reject.

catalonia.jpg

catalonia-is-not-spain-barcelona-realmadrid-2009.jpg

EUtreaty_1432491c.jpg

0ed661b3_catalonia-is-not-spain.jpg

Av_LKdBCAAAbJaK.jpg:large

there are some words and phrases on here if you are interested
<a class="postlink" href="http://wikitravel.org/en/Catalan_phrasebook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://wikitravel.org/en/Catalan_phrasebook</a>

I have visited barcelona and tbh i quite like it, i kind of like that they class themselves different to Spain and are very passionate about it .
Am i right in saying there is an industrial district of barcelona called manchester ?? Im sure i was on the bus tour and it mentioned this
If so we have connections !!
Get over there and have a great time on the return leg to barca- loads of bars for a good old sing song !
Sheik mansour drove to Spain in a Lamborghini
Brought us back a manager manuel pellegrini !!

BufordUSABlue said:
[*]
peoffrey said:

No doubt she will always remember those 2 minutes very fondly P

;-))

-- Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:18 pm --

tolmieblue said:
Hi guys, me and my brother Jim Tolmie (ex player) are coming down tomorrow for the game, can anyone recommend any supp clubs or pubs to go before and after the game.

Cheers

Do you share the same hair color Tomie ?

If you underline it twice it doesn't double underline it you know.

...and if your going to speak english at least accept that there is a U in colour!

skybluepete said:
calum down said:
bluesmith said:
Have they sold out? Spanish fans are notoriously bad travellers.

just a heads-up here lads & lasses...

i was lucky enough to live in barcelona for a year and i pretty quickly realised that the majority of them do not consider themselves to be spanish.
barcelona is in catalonia & they are incredibly passionate about independence form spain,
so much so that they have regular marches through the city.

you will find they are very fluent in english so there's no problem communicating at all
and although they understand spanish they would rather you don't speak it to them.
(a few of them actually find it insulting and ignorant)

on first hearing, catalan sounds like a mix between spanish and french but it is a separate language of its own developed from latin 1000yrs ago

it was actually made illegal to speak or write in 1940 by the fascist dictatorship in power in spain.
it is now the official language - taught in school - even the newspapers use it.

so if we intend to greet them nicely - it's best not to call them spanish or speak to them in a language that represents everything they reject.

catalonia.jpg

catalonia-is-not-spain-barcelona-realmadrid-2009.jpg

EUtreaty_1432491c.jpg

0ed661b3_catalonia-is-not-spain.jpg

Av_LKdBCAAAbJaK.jpg:large

there are some words and phrases on here if you are interested
<a class="postlink" href="http://wikitravel.org/en/Catalan_phrasebook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://wikitravel.org/en/Catalan_phrasebook</a>

I have visited barcelona and tbh i quite like it, i kind of like that they class themselves different to Spain and are very passionate about it .
Am i right in saying there is an industrial district of barcelona called manchester ?? Im sure i was on the bus tour and it mentioned this
If so we have connections !!
Get over there and have a great time on the return leg to barca- loads of bars for a good old sing song !
Sheik mansour drove to Spain in a Lamborghini
Brought us back a manager manuel pellegrini !!

i don't know about the industrial district called manchester but i know about good bars in barcelona
(i've fallen over in many of them)
there is a really good one called "bar manchester"
photo-2-e1320882837393-768x1024.jpg

the music is fairly loud and they mostly play music by bands from manchester
Image-32.jpeg

they serve the best mojitos in town and they love it when you tell them you are from manchester
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&pc=FACEBK&mid=8100&where1=Carrer+de+Milans%2C+5%2C+Barcelona%2C+08002%2C+Barcelona%2C+Spain&FORM=FBKPL0&name=Manchester+Bar&mkt=en-US" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx? ... &mkt=en-US</a>

i never once found the catalans to be anything other than beautiful people

tolmieblue said:
Hi guys, me and my brother Jim Tolmie (ex player) are coming down tomorrow for the game, can anyone recommend any supp clubs or pubs to go before and after the game.

Cheers

There are dozens and dozens, mate. In town and near the stadium. It really depends what you are looking for: good beer, traditional pub, bar etc. Good to hear your brother still maintains an interest. Plenty of fans remember him fondly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.