Barca v City Post Match Thread

Odd game really. We played pretty well in parts, but made some catastrophic individual mistakes. Not going to dwell on the negatives, but thought Sterling played well.
Agreed. At half time I thought we'd played a good team game, and were unlucky to be a goal down. We didn't get much luck.

Barcelona wont be at the top of European football for much longer going off that performance. Individual flair covered up a game where City matched them. Cut out the errors, and we'd have been right in that.

Bit worried about Aguero. Is he carrying an injury, or on his way out?

Top players make a difference in games like this. Sterling, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Nolito,Otamendi all did very well, but we overplayed a little at the back putting keeper under too much pressure. I think this is City adapting to Guardiola's game. We're making errors, but there isn't much between us now.

I'm usually just an observer here. I'm also usually someone that doesn't like or respond to anything negative when posted. However what you have just typed is very true sir.

Just say it as I see it. Same as last year, didn't beat a top 6 side. Trend seems to be continuing.

Do the constant errors game after game not give you some concern? There are too many!
Game after game? We've lost twice all season, away to Spurs & Barca. Not many teams will travel to those places & pick up points, so no I'd say these "constant errors" are significantly exaggerated. Barca made plenty of errors too today, we just didn't punish. We made 3-4 & conceded 3 goals to it.

Under Pep we're going to play risky football, he has said it many, many times that he won't change that. Think we need to just accept the mistakes & see the positives. We're a work in progress, it was always going to be a transitional season for us & some games yes we'll make costly mistakes that cost us, other games (Gladbach for example) it'll all click & we'll look fantastic.

Here's what I'll ask you, do you think today was worse than our performances against Barca in the past? In past matches it's felt like we've been hammered & Hart has saved us from 6-7 goal one sided beatings. Today it felt like we matched them; was 50:50 possession & we were out-shooting them 2 to one until the sending off.

Agreed. At half time I thought we'd played a good team game, and were unlucky to be a goal down. We didn't get much luck.

Barcelona wont be at the top of European football for much longer going off that performance. Individual flair covered up a game where City matched them. Cut out the errors, and we'd have been right in that.

Bit worried about Aguero. Is he carrying an injury, or on his way out?

Top players make a difference in games like this. Sterling, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Nolito,Otamendi all did very well, but we overplayed a little at the back putting keeper under too much pressure. I think this is City adapting to Guardiola's game. We're making errors, but there isn't much between us now.

cmon

they won 4-0 while not even playing that well. They are the best in europe without question when healthy and motivated.

Don't know what to say. Really don't want to slag our players off etc. but the way they played today (apart from Raheem) really worries me. Will probably need a day or two for the aftershock to wear off. Until then no newspapers, tv, twitter, facebook etc.
Still fully behind Pep and his work. Praying for a turnaround. CTID

yes i have but im no sheep. Ill call it as i see it. Theres no point in pretending that alls well when its not. How did you think bravo,stones, gundogan played tonight? Never mind kolorov and otamendi. Kompany on one leg is better than either centre half on the pitch tonight. Im disappointed like everyone else.

I thought the game plan was going superbly well up until the red card and but for some wasteful finishing we should have been at least level if not winning.

Individual errors cost us again but he is a few months and one transfer window into a 3 year job and those players not able to cut it will get replaced, starting with 2 new full backs please.

Bravo dropped a major howler, no doubt but all keepers do, Joe included so i dont see the point in trying to claim otherwise.

Ilkay played well, unlucky not to score and set a couple of chances up that should have been put away.

Zab and AK at full back are no longer good enough and should be replaced and they will be.

Otamendi made some excellent interceptions tonight and Stones is an absolute Rolls Royce of a player and with 2 decent full backs either side of them im sure would help.

Top of the league, 2nd in the CL group.

Hardly doom and gloom is it?

No he isn't...hes a fucking clown...bit like the twats that can juggle a ball and do tricks but cant play football....he can pass the ball but cant do what he's picked to do ....
ie save the ball..
Hes like fucking Dracula when it comes to crosses

Yet it wasn't the lack of a save that let him down.
Bollocks, our players regularly slip in matches because of wet pitches and inadequate boots. This one happened to cost us, so the others went unnoticed as they didn't n

Expert on the players boots now ffs, yes players were slipping tonight but he doesn't d it every fucking week and tonight was just bad luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.