Barcelona 2nd Leg

Even at 1-0 down tonight I was fairly content, knowing we had played the entire second half almost with 10 men. I was confident we could go and take the lead in the Nou Camp and it would be all square and 11 v 11, with us having the benefit of the away goals rule.

The second goal however has put a right downer on things. It's changed circumstances from difficult to extremely unlikely.

In saying that, we'll now be playing with nothing to lose. Come out and have a go at them, take them by surprise and hopefully, just hopefully, an early City goal then Barca will have cause to be nervous.

MCFCOK.

MSP said:
I was afraid of this ref. He officiated Milan vs Barcelona 1/8 final in 2012 first leg (0:0) and failed to award Barcelona 2 solid penalty calls.

The Chilean alleged that Eriksson was compensating for mistakes he made in Barcelona’s goalless 2012 quarter-final against AC Milan — when he rejected two clear penalty appeals — and that a referee from Sweden was not adequate for such a big game.

Well, Pele agrees with me, that's exactly what I feared before the match. I even searched Youtube to watch again videos of that match few hours before the game after I saw who is the referee.

MSP said:
MSP said:
I was afraid of this ref. He officiated Milan vs Barcelona 1/8 final in 2012 first leg (0:0) and failed to award Barcelona 2 solid penalty calls.

The Chilean alleged that Eriksson was compensating for mistakes he made in Barcelona’s goalless 2012 quarter-final against AC Milan — when he rejected two clear penalty appeals — and that a referee from Sweden was not adequate for such a big game.

Well, Pele agrees with me, that's exactly what I feared before the match. I even searched Youtube to watch again videos of that match few hours before the game after I saw who is the referee.

If he kept it at that, i'm sure many City fans and a few in the media would agree he's raised a valid point.

The waffling about the referee being Swedish as a reason why he's not good enough was a bit bizarre though, and he wont win any friends with that remark.

I did read a tweet suggesting he could merely have already been trying to put pressure on whoever is the referee in the second leg, I don't see that as his style but it's a sly move if so.

EDS in the 2nd leg. We move on, and we learn. PL is far more important. Bayern slaughtered them, home and away. We are not at that level yet. Did us best, wasn't good enough. End of story.

ianw16 said:
EDS in the 2nd leg. We move on, and we learn. PL is far more important. Bayern slaughtered them, home and away. We are not at that level yet. Did us best, wasn't good enough. End of story.

Bollocks. How are we supposed to get to that level by playing the EDS every time we lose 2-0? It's bloody difficult, infact very unlikely, but we're not COMPLETELY out of the tie just yet. An early City goal in the Nou Camp is just as unlikely but it would change the whole scenario.

Time to show them what we're made of, and give it a right good go. If we're gonna go out then let's go out fighting!!!

ayrshire_blue said:
MSP said:
MSP said:

If he kept it at that, i'm sure many City fans and a few in the media would agree he's raised a valid point.

The waffling about the referee being Swedish as a reason why he's not good enough was a bit bizarre though, and he wont win any friends with that remark.

I did read a tweet suggesting he could merely have already been trying to put pressure on whoever is the referee in the second leg, I don't see that as his style but it's a sly move if so.

Yes, Swedish part was bit over the border, I agree.

I was saying as we left the game, that it's nights like these which make you realise why before big games, Ferguson and Mourinho raise the issue of referees. He was just not up to it tonight. It does make you wonder what's going on. Surely a ref who can get a game of this stature can't be that bad. He was the worst ref we have had this season.

We have to go for it - play Silva, Nasri and Jovetic just behind Sergio with Ferny and Yaya protecting the back four. I can't see Negredo and Dzeko causing too many problems in the Camp Nou.

If 1-3 or similar is needed then its not over.

We go to Hull 3 days after and depending on league results of the top 3 (4?), I would like us to hit the nou camp ground running and tired if needed.

Yaya and Nasri duo and Negredo Aguero duo in top form will see us through.

Ive also gone through watching the game again followed by against Chelsea in the FA Cup. The stark difference in refereeing is appaling.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:52 am --<br /><br />If 1-3 or similar is needed then its not over.

We go to Hull 3 days after and depending on league results of the top 3 (4?), I would like us to hit the nou camp ground running and tired if needed.

Yaya and Nasri duo and Negredo Aguero duo in top form will see us through.

Ive also gone through watching the game again followed by against Chelsea in the FA Cup. The stark difference in refereeing is appaling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.