Barcelona (A) - Charity Friendly | Wed 24th Aug 20:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Pep won’t do it, but the entire team looked like they needed more minutes in their legs yesterday and that another game would be good for all of them.

A low intensity game does nothing for them, they are better off training. It takes away preparation days for the Palace match.

I know Pep won’t do it, but the entire team looked like they needed more minutes in their legs yesterday and that another game would be good for all of them.
Totally agree. Need minutes in those legs for some of those and feels like the whole back 4 and rodders could do with some extra game time.

Good cause, wrong timing. Someone really should have done a risk assessment on agreeing to play this charity game three games after the new season has begun. Coupled this year with the Champions League group stage matches beginning 6th September & condensed before the World Cup begins in November.

In fact the optimal time to play this match for City would be a week or so before the WC begins. Up to the players if they want to risk & compete & if anyone does get injured there is the WC period to recover.

Agree with other posters, no chance Pep will field a weakened side for this game & it will be sods law one of our key players gets injured, so why entertain the risk.

Came on here to vent that this was a terrible idea after the season has started. Risk of pointless injuries etc.
But after reading the posts so far I have been persuaded to change my mind. Perhaps a low intensity game for guys who haven’t played much/at sll isn’t such a bad idea.
I am seriously considering now whether I should give up this social media malarkey, as I am clearly no longer suited it - I have lost my ability to hold an unsupportable, entrenched opinion in the face of reasoned arguement. Sad day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.