Barcelona (A) - Charity Friendly | Wed 24th Aug 20:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Carson and 10 traffic cones would be my selection for this match.
Worthy cause but we really do not owe Barcelona any favours at all.
Cheque in the post would have sufficed. Unlike their cheques it would not have bounced……

After today and because we have a few tough games, would anyone care if we cancelled and either reschedules to pre-season or paid a very big contribution to the charity to cancel it.

Sounds calous, but I will be honest I really don't care about or want this fixture at this point

I appologise if this offends anyone affected by the subject and am happy for us to work to support the issue, just think this week may be the wrong time.
Pep has said he will play an entirely different set of players in this game and have some time to integrate the new players in the squad. A couple of short flights to Girona won't impact much on anyone. Should we cancel training every time we drop points ? Complete over reaction.

Just hope we don't.pick up any.new "niggles" ffs pointless game why can't we send the charity a donation ?
Players have picked up "niggles" in their showers, tripping over kids or animals, getting out of bed. They cannot be put in cotton wool, they have lives to live and pick up injuries as often in training as in matches.

I’ve never seen this as a favour to Barca, it’s a favour to our management team in supporting a former colleague and a friend of theirs with a terminal illness. That Barca have been such shithouses doesn’t come into the equation, aside from it being an (other) example where despite the rocks thrown at us, we rise above it and do the right thing.

So annoyed this is being played. I know it’s a charity game and it’s great yo raise money for a worthy cause but Why couldn’t this be done end of season. I
Hope we send a bunch of kids out there. I couldn’t care less what the score is, just no injuries. Really hope Kev stays home.

So annoyed this is being played. I know it’s a charity game and it’s great yo raise money for a worthy cause but Why couldn’t this be done end of season. I
Hope we send a bunch of kids out there. I couldn’t care less what the score is, just no injuries. Really hope Kev stays home.
He’s not. Just seen him in the video of their arrival.
Stupid, pointless timing of game.

So annoyed this is being played. It’s pointless and well risky! Hope we send a bunch of kids out there.
Pep never plays kids. Well, not more than a 2 minute ‘cameo’.
Worthy cause. Close to Pep’s heart.
Means more to Barcelona than us.
I’ll let it go as long as there are no more “Brain Farts” in the Champions League. We had one today at Newcastle.

Oh dear!

One 3-3 draw and we are suddenly afraid of an ALS FUNDRAISER!

Wet fannies everywhere!

Players have picked up "niggles" in their showers, tripping over kids or animals, getting out of bed. They cannot be put in cotton wool, they have lives to live and pick up injuries as often in training as in matches.

Dropped points had fuck all to do with my OP, it was more Akes injury and and with grealiah out also.

We could have won easily today in the end but didn't, win lose or draw I would have asked the same, and as I made clear we would not be not playing it, and I am commited to us having the match and suppprting it's charitable cause.

It is going ahead and so be it.

Last edited:
I think we start with a strong team as pep will support the cause. Probably an understanding of no challenges. Expect ortega, gomez, phillips, alavarez to start

hopefully no dias or stones as we have no more cbs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.