Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
GornikDaze said:
trotsky said:
Messi is the greatest footballer of the last decade - unlucky Tranny - and any football fan should recognise this. Applause when he comes to take a corner shows we are (knowledgable unbiased) football fans.
If it was Tranny I'd be booing like fcuk!

Worlds greatest.... Yes

Clapping him? WTF?? NO!!!!

Having given it a bit more thought I might take my iPad for that corner kick photo opportunity!

trotsky said:
Messi is the greatest footballer of the last decade - unlucky Tranny - and any football fan should recognise this. Applause when he comes to take a corner shows we are (knowledgable unbiased) football fans.
If it was Tranny I'd be booing like fcuk!

Are you taking the preverbial??

Ed68 said:
cibaman said:
Ed68 said:
I'd start with the majority of players who began the game yesterday.

Changing Dzeko for Negredo (better player IMO and exp. against Barca) and Navas for Milner (we'll need cover for Zab and he's done that well recently).

Nasri for jovetic as well. And Hart of course.

I missed Hart but I'd start with Jovetic. Doubt Nasri is ready for 90 yet...would be happy to be wrong and see him in the starting line up.

I reckon we need Jovetic on from the start, as he sprints after players in attempting to get the ball back, and is a big fella so he applies good pressure. Nasri and Silva are lacking in this department.

Hey guys, I am back after few years but it was inevitable that we meet eachother. I am just sad that we have to meet when you are in the up and we are getting worse. Anyway, it will be a great match, And hope to see some good football from both teams.

Here is what i believe the Barca line up will be:

--------------------------Valdes------------------
Alves---------Pique-------------Mascherano--------Alba
-------------------------Busquets-------------------------
---------Xavi--------------Fabregas------------------------
---------------------------------------------Iniesta(free role)
------------------------Messi---------------Pedro/Sanchez

I think the formation we used against Sevilla will be used against City as it gives us more control of the midfield and also allows Fabregas to make runs through midfield and drag defenders away from Messi. Most of all the formation gives more cover in midfield defensively where our midfielders are slow as turtles And expose our not so fast CBs.

Pretty please.....

.............................Hart............................
....Zab...........Vince............Demi..........Clichy..
............................Ferny...........................
.........Merlin............Yaya..............Nasri.......
......................Jovetic...............................
...............................Sergio........................

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
Ed68 said:
cibaman said:
Nasri for jovetic as well. And Hart of course.

I missed Hart but I'd start with Jovetic. Doubt Nasri is ready for 90 yet...would be happy to be wrong and see him in the starting line up.

I reckon we need Jovetic on from the start, as he sprints after players in attempting to get the ball back, and is a big fella so he applies good pressure. Nasri and Silva are lacking in this department.

I would like to see all of them in a 4-2-3-1 given that Jimmy is suspended

BringBackSwales said:
Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
Ed68 said:

I would like to see all of them in a 4-2-3-1 given that Jimmy is suspended

Yeah, I just hope our wing backs gets enough protection, whoever starts. I would start with Clichy and Zabs. Clichy looked back to his best last night, thank God. If he has another good performance on Tuesday, he will climb ahead of Kola in the pecking order, for his defensive abilities alone.

After all these years another first for us fans a CL knockout game against a side with more world class players than you could shake a stick at and we've got every chance of winning.

The days of Plymouth away in a league game are now just a distant memory.

I'd go with Saturdays team with Nasri if fully fit in for English Dave and the Beast over Edin. I have a feeling that Fern could be a starter tho perhaps for either Milner if Nasri isn't 100% or for Javi who despite having a great game yesterday is perhaps not mobile enough for Tuesday.

Obviously Joe in for Pants as well.

SHEIKH MANSOUR TO ATTEND BARCELONA CLASH

It is a measure of the significance of Manchester City’s Champions League heavyweight clash with Barcelona that the club’s owner Sheikh Mansour could be in attendance at the Etihad on Wednesday.

The Abu Dhabi royal family member is a busy politician across the wider Emirates and has been to see his £1 billion investment only once since he took over the club back in September 2008, to watch City beat Liverpool 3-0 at the Etihad in 2010.

But a private Royal charter, carrying family members and friends from the region, is scheduled to land in Manchester on the day of the game.

Security is tight-lipped and City will only discover a few hours before if Mansour will be able to make the trip.

The billionaire has not missed a single game since he took control, having City games beamed live to wherever he is in the world.

Taken from goal.com.

Looks like Sheikh mansour is going to miss it.

Where the hell did he get his tickets, it's a sell out, bet he got his mate Khaldoon to buy him one with his loyalty points the bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.