Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important to concede as few goals as possible at home, so a team built on a strong defence for me.

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Lescott Clichy
Yaya Garcia
Silva Jovetic Nasri
Negredo

Subs: Pants, Demichelis, Kolarov, Navas, Dzeko, ?Nastasic, ?Lopes

Hopefully those returning yesterday from injury will be fully fit for Tuesday and if Dino and Sergio are available then them on the bench in place of those last two. If all are fully fit and available respectively it promises to be one hell of a game!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
capiloton said:
prediction line up for the game. shame Milner get suspended. i always love his work rate.

935494_Manchester_City.jpg

Navas is a definite starter Tuesday with Milner out

It will be as you were with fern coming in for jov and yaya pushed further forward (IMO) ...

...........fern............Garcia............

Navas..............yaya..................silva

......................negredo......................

Sorry mate, but Nasri MUST play in this game.

Rammyblues said:
Remember the Robbie Fowler chants, also when Arsenal played us off the park and they won 5-0 and they were applauded, not be the first or last. If his football is exceptional no harm in applauding a great footballer IMO. However support for our side should be 100% irrespective of the result.

At the Bayern game both Ribery and Robben were applauded when they were subbed. Mind you Ribery didn't half get abused when he went to take a corner.

There's nothing wrong whatsoever with showing appreciation for genuine world class players. It happens all the time in Spanish crowds, when we played Madrid away their fans applauded Silva. Also Ronaldinho and Messi have both been applauded at Madrid.

Plaything of the gods said:
Important to concede as few goals as possible at home, so a team built on a strong defence for me.

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Lescott Clichy
Yaya Garcia
Silva Jovetic Nasri
Negredo

Subs: Pants, Demichelis, Kolarov, Navas, Dzeko, ?Nastasic, ?Lopes

Hopefully those returning yesterday from injury will be fully fit for Tuesday and if Dino and Sergio are available then them on the bench in place of those last two. If all are fully fit and available respectively it promises to be one hell of a game!
I don't think Lescott will be selected, I'm sure Pellers will go with Micky Daylis as he seems to have a lot of confidence in him.

adrianr said:
Dani Alves saying we have no class without a hint of irony. Pretty impressive.

take it with a pinch of salt it means they are worried.<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:01 pm --<br /><br />
Plaything of the gods said:
capiloton said:
prediction line up for the game. shame Milner get suspended. i always love his work rate.

935494_Manchester_City.jpg
Prefer to have our players facing the opposition's goal.

if fernandinho is 3/4 fit he has to play.

birchwoodgingerste said:

No way, we need him down the stretch. Rather play Barca without him and not risk an injury that could cost us over the next three months.

moomba said:
birchwoodgingerste said:

No way, we need him down the stretch. Rather play Barca without him and not risk an injury that could cost us over the next three months.
Agreed.

Realistically we are probably going to be knocked out by Barca over the two legs, so why possibly jeopardize our domestic ambitions for one leg?
Having said that, if he's fit we should play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.