Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to have a chance of winning the tie going into the second leg which means we need to keep a clean sheet unless we win by three clear goals. One nil will do me as I think we can and will score away from home meaning they will need three. We need to be very patient and understand that a one nil win is better than two one.

There on their way

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.flightradar24.com/IBE2810/2ba9e1b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.flightradar24.com/IBE2810/2ba9e1b</a>

It could be a long night if kompany does his routine of busting in the back of the striker

Still can't quite believe we are about to invite Messi and co to our ground in a competitive fixture! The atmosphere should be electric and we really need to make the most of our home advantage. It is going to be difficult no doubt, but the players look massively pumped up and if we take that attitude and mentality into the game we can get something out of it. In terms of lineup, it is difficult to tell based on injuries. Pellegrini is quite reserved on the finer details of where players are in terms of injuries. Based on what I know for certain it would be the same lineup for me, as started against Chelsea, with the exception of Nasri in for Milner as he is suspended, and Negredo in for Dzeko. I think Jovetic and Silva will bolster our midfield as they like to get on the ball centrally. Nasri also can help contain Barca. They can have as much room as they like out wide because I am comfortable we can deal with them from crosses. For me Lescott should play, he had a cracking game against Chelsea. But I think Demichelis is likely to come back in as Pellegrini seems to favour him. Cannot wait! We have some good options now and as long as we are still in the tie after Tuesday, we can win it. I think we can win in Barcelona, with Aguero and Fernandinho back we can counter and cause them a lot of trouble.

Tuesday is all about pride and passion and getting stuck in!

Really hope Lescott starts, Garcia deserves to also (given that Fernandinho is injured). I'd start Milner too.

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Lescott
Kolarov/Clichy
Nasri
Milner
Garcia
Toure
Silva
Jovetic/Negredo/Dzeko

I think 442 is potential suicide - even more so in the away leg.

GStar said:
Really hope Lescott starts, Garcia deserves to also (given that Fernandinho is injured). I'd start Milner too.

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Lescott
Kolarov/Clichy
Nasri
Milner
Garcia
Toure
Silva
Jovetic/Negredo/Dzeko

Milner is suspended.

I think we looked a lot more solid against Chelsea with Lescott and Clichy in the back four.

Providing Ferna and Aguero are still out id go with

Hart

Zaba
Vinny
Lescott
Clichy

Garcia
Yaya

Silva
Nasri
Jovetic

Negredo

I'd be surprised if its anything far off that. I'd take any kind of score to nil as I think we will score over there anyway.

GStar said:

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Lescott
Kolarov/Clichy
Nasri
Milner
Garcia
Toure
Silva
Jovetic/Negredo/Dzeko

agreed but I'd go with Clichy over Kolarov

up front is a tough one but Edin has earned it for me on his all round contribution and holding up of the ball in recent games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.