Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a fantastic occasion this is going to be.

The eyes of the football world will be cast on the Etihad on Tuesday night.

Messi v Vinny, Iniesta v Zab, Silva and Nasri weaving their magic etc etc The quality of world class players on display will be something to behold.

Then there is the behind the scenes story. Soriano and Txiki coming to our club from Barca and transforming us into an emerging football superpower.

This really is the coming of age for City. Our time is now. All the blood, sweat and tears over the years have come to this moment in time.

I can't wait!

Come on City!!!!!

Mcfchamps said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
AucklandBlue said:
I really can't wait for this, it's a dream come true.

I think we'll line up like this

Hart
Zabba Kompany Demichelis Clichy (?)
Nasri Garcia Yaya Silva
Jovetic
Negredo

Would be great to see Agureo and Fernandinho on the bench, even better starting but I think it's too soon for them.

The biggest question mark for me is who gets the nod from Pellers at Left Back.

Kolorov too risky so Clichy.

Also I would take Jovetic out and put Navas in.

....................Hart...............

Zab...komps....Lescott....Clichy....

...........yaya......Garcia.....

Navas.........silva.........Nasri

..............Negredo..................
+100

agree with that team

Correct, so if we can somehow make it past Barca, there is quite a feasible chance that the last eight game will be easier.

Barca will press our defence so the only way Lescott starts is if Nasty and Demichelis are injured.

Nasri wont start. Not fit enough.

Big doubt is Fernandinho. He hasn't missed that much football, but has his injury fully healed? I imagine that's touch and go, and depends on whether he feels it in training on Sunday, and Monday (this is what Pellegrini has said).

----------------------Hart
Zab-----Kompany--Demichelis----Kolarov
-------------Yaya--Fernandinho
----------Navas---Silva---Jovetic
-------------------Negredo

Milner is a possibility.

Most important thing is not to lose. A fit Aguero will terrify their back 4 who are slow. But without Aguero we don't have the players through the middle to get at them in the home leg.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Mcfchamps said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Kolorov too risky so Clichy.

Also I would take Jovetic out and put Navas in.

....................Hart...............

Zab...komps....Lescott....Clichy....

...........yaya......Garcia.....

Navas.........silva.........Nasri

..............Negredo..................
+100

agree with that team

Nah, I'd definitely start Jovetic. He will occupy the lines between their back 4 and midfield like he did against Chelsea. I'd save Navas for the second half.

inbetween said:
If we manage to deal with that then we can win comfortably because at their end of the pitch they are average at best and their manager is hardly going to change things because they do not know how to play any other way.

Not true at all. Tata has already hinted that he might play all of Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi and Fabregas to keep more posession. So, Alves will push forward but Alba will remain at defence and Pedro will provide the width on the left side while Messi will drop litte deeper and Fabregas will make forward runs from the midfield. Actually, this is the perfect way to play as it gives more security in defence and makes the attack more unpredictable.

Man City might win this tie but it will be anything but a comfortable win. Remeber, Barca never had top defenders after Pep took over. It's the system that makes the defence better. Unfortunately the system looks broken this day as some players don't have the legs or motivation to press as they used to. But who knows what team will turn up in Etihad stadium, Barca is very unpredictable in that sense these days. The team is very inconsistent and it might go either way. But i have faith in Messi and Iniesta, who seems to have found their form in the right time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.