Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
.................................Hart................................
Zabaleta...Kompany...Demichelis...Kolarov
...............................Garcia...............................
......................Yaya..........Fernandinho...........
............Nasri.............................Silva...............
............................Negredo..............................

Seems like yesterday
10-08-2003. City of Manchester. Inauguration of the Manchester City FC stadium.
MANCHESTER CITY-BARCELONA 2-1
Manchester City: Seaman, Sun Jihai, Sommeil (Dunne, 74), Distin, Tiatto, Wright-Phillips, Bosvelt (Barton, 74),Sinclair (Sibierski, 74), Ali Benarbia (Berkovic, 30), Anelka (Wanchope, 63), Fowler (Macken, 63).
FC Barcelona: Rustu, Puyol, Andersson (Gerard, 46), Reiziger, Òscar López (Ros, 83), Xavi (Márquez, 83), Cocu,Quaresma (Saviola, 46), Ronaldinho (David Sánchez, 83), Kluivert (Iniesta, 63), Overmars.
Goals: 1-0: Anelka (34’). 1-1: Saviola (58’). 2-1: Sinclair (67’).
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2003/aug/11/newsstory.sport14

Didsbury Dave said:
Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
What's he tweeted, Rammy?

Saying that Fern and Garcia will start tomorrow.

Interesting. Not impossible if he goes with one striker, but as you say, could just be a smokescreen. I'd be surprised because Garcia was given the 90 on Saturday.

Rumours were bubbling around from Friday afternoon until Saturday afternoon that we were going to play the reserves against Chelsea. I've a feeling that was city putting out bullshit to keep Mourinho guessing.

It's too easy for Barca to expect our usual 4-4-2, and plan for it as such. Bit of bollocks put out there keeps them on their toes.

Personally I'd be surprised if he played them both as that would mean leaving out Jovetic, who I reckon MP knows could really hurt them by playing in between the lines.

The difference between our cup and league games against the chavski was that we played a lot narrower in the cup game, closed the space well, we were to open in the league game. We need to make sure we dont allow them space in the middle and maybe allow them crosses, there a small team no probs when there out wide.

bladdered said:
Seems like yesterday
10-08-2003. City of Manchester. Inauguration of the Manchester City FC stadium.
MANCHESTER CITY-BARCELONA 2-1
Manchester City: Seaman, Sun Jihai, Sommeil (Dunne, 74), Distin, Tiatto, Wright-Phillips, Bosvelt (Barton, 74),Sinclair (Sibierski, 74), Ali Benarbia (Berkovic, 30), Anelka (Wanchope, 63), Fowler (Macken, 63).
FC Barcelona: Rustu, Puyol, Andersson (Gerard, 46), Reiziger, Òscar López (Ros, 83), Xavi (Márquez, 83), Cocu,Quaresma (Saviola, 46), Ronaldinho (David Sánchez, 83), Kluivert (Iniesta, 63), Overmars.
Goals: 1-0: Anelka (34’). 1-1: Saviola (58’). 2-1: Sinclair (67’).
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2003/aug/11/newsstory.sport14
Ah I remember it well, the first game at the c.o.m.s, and the cheer Ronaldinho got from us blues was brilliant, but why was he given such a good reception?. Still got the programme in my wardrobe. That was a brilliant barca team.

cityok said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
cityok said:
Historically most of our squad would like to play for Barcelona, but the more forward thinking players are happy to play for City.
Sniff sniff

vicks mate should sort it

To be fair mate it was a bit of odd thing to say, it's the kind of put down that Rags try all the time, I am not sure you thought it through before posting it

Gerardo Martino on City Ahead of the Big Game

Sorry if this belongs in the pre-match thread or if posted elsewhere, but thought this was very generous of Martino ahead of the game:

"They are not a mini-Barcelona or a mini any team. They are one of the biggest teams in the world right now. They have great players from all over the world."

What a difference in approach between him and that fucking half wit at Stamford Bridge.

Ducado said:
cityok said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
Sniff sniff

vicks mate should sort it

To be fair mate it was a bit of odd thing to say, it's the kind of put down that Rags try all the time, I am not sure you thought it through before posting it

Thing is i did think it through, that is why i posted.

Was trying to show the past and the future in a sentence, even ran it by the boss in doors like, thought i was looking forward.

anyway, Jovetic will score

cityok said:
Historically most of our squad would like to play for Barcelona, but the more forward thinking players are happy to play for City.

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
.................................Hart................................
Zabaleta...Kompany...Demichelis...Kolarov
...............................Garcia...............................
......................Yaya..........Fernandinho...........
............Nasri.............................Silva...............
............................Negredo..............................

That's what I would go for.

Powerful team but creative in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.