Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammyblues said:
Lovebitesandeveryfing wrote:
Can't understand how people don't have Navas as an automatic nailed-on starter for this. As a Spaniard on the edge of the national team which is going to Brazil, he knows that this is a stage like no other, a match broadcast in every single bar in Spain and Catalonia tonight — he will play out of his skin. My midfield would be packed: Garcia (in the absence of Ferny), the Yaya who played against Chelsea ( you get my meaning), Silva, Navas to start, maybe Nasri to replace him at about sixty minutes if Navas is not giving the performance I've just predicted. If that unit takes care of business, I believe the rest will look after itself. Oh, Beast up front. Orders to all the midfielders to not necessarily seek him out all the time, but let him do decoy runs. They shoot when they see the whites of Valdés's eyes. They all know how to score.
This'd be a lovely match to win over the two legs, but it's honestly no disaster for me if we don't do it. I just don't want us to be overrun the way we were against Bayern in the first match.

I reckon all the Spanish players will be included tonight

Garcia
Silva
Negredo
Navas

Yep. You'd have to pick em all for this one, wouldn't you? Find myself thinking about the back line, and who partners Vinny. Because, I like Lescott, but Lescott in a one-on-one against Lionel Messi? Shivers down my spine. But then… Nastasic? Same reaction.Demichaelis!? (turns to jelly).

Wouldn't have been my choice, but hopefully Pellegrini knows best. Would like to have seen Garcia in the middle of a 3 and Kolarov at leftback, but here goes nothing! Come on City!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.