Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
Proelia said:
Damocles said:
Good to see some sensible and non-kneejerk opinions here, can't wait for the match thread.
Yea because playing a slow left back who doesnt defend in midfield is genius

You're right. I don't even think you should bother watching the match. Go and get a bet on a Barca win, quick before the rest of the world wakes up to your genius and the odds drop!

I mean, what does that Pellegrini bloke know about his players and the Barca players that he used to play twice a season for about 10 years, as a professional football manager?

Let us know how much you win on William Hill
Prefer betfair tbh

zandvoort blue said:
MSP said:
zandvoort blue said:
League Cup Final even more so. To have any players come back into the team too early and then miss Wembley would be a blow to both the league games and the final.

More important my ass. Ask SM did he buy City for Stoke game alike, or Barcelona one.

Trophies????....If you believe that earlier tweet it looks like Fernandinho might not be risked.

Beating Barcelona may mean trophy too and CL is what makes clubs big ones. If he is not ready he won't be rised, that's normal.

Can't understand how people don't have Navas as an automatic nailed-on starter for this. As a Spaniard on the edge of the national team which is going to Brazil, he knows that this is a stage like no other, a match broadcast in every single bar in Spain and Catalonia tonight — he will play out of his skin. My midfield would be packed: Garcia (in the absence of Ferny), the Yaya who played against Chelsea ( you get my meaning), Silva, Navas to start, maybe Nasri to replace him at about sixty minutes if Navas is not giving the performance I've just predicted. If that unit takes care of business, I believe the rest will look after itself. Oh, Beast up front. Orders to all the midfielders to not necessarily seek him out all the time, but let him do decoy runs. They shoot when they see the whites of Valdés's eyes. They all know how to score.
This'd be a lovely match to win over the two legs, but it's honestly no disaster for me if we don't do it. I just don't want us to be overrun the way we were against Bayern in the first match.

unfortunately I couldn't make the game tonite...however does any one know if the Blues that have are taking in fish & chips to the ground ???

Just to try and tempt Messi to make the move ?

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Can't understand how people don't have Navas as an automatic nailed-on starter for this. As a Spaniard on the edge of the national team which is going to Brazil, he knows that this is a stage like no other, a match broadcast in every single bar in Spain and Catalonia tonight — he will play out of his skin. My midfield would be packed: Garcia (in the absence of Ferny), the Yaya who played against Chelsea ( you get my meaning), Silva, Navas to start, maybe Nasri to replace him at about sixty minutes if Navas is not giving the performance I've just predicted. If that unit takes care of business, I believe the rest will look after itself. Oh, Beast up front. Orders to all the midfielders to not necessarily seek him out all the time, but let him do decoy runs. They shoot when they see the whites of Valdés's eyes. They all know how to score.
This'd be a lovely match to win over the two legs, but it's honestly no disaster for me if we don't do it. I just don't want us to be overrun the way we were against Bayern in the first match.

At his best when we're under pressure too, giving us the opportunity to spring forward with pace when we win the ball back. You'd hate to be a left back facing him.

Seen a stat that 19 out of Barca's last 27 goals have been conceded from set plays. Hopefully something we look to exploit with our height advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.