Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
Daz_Blue said:
Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy; Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya Touré, Kolarov; Silva, Negredo

Wrong team, two in midfield means we will get overrun big time, Kolarov is great at swinging in ball from the wing but poor in possession.

I hope I am wrong but we look to be going very direct tonight and look almost couter attacking.

Let's hope Pellegrini pulls this off.

you're forgetting that silva is in the midfield as well .. it's a trio of toure fernandinho and silva ..

but as you say kolarov is poor in possesion, so we will be direct today, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Would of liked to see jovetic. But not a bad lineup seems we are flooding the mid to counter theirs. Hoping I can get off work early!!

I´m not confident with Kolarov as a winger, I still remember when he played their last year against Swansea at home, he was absolutely rubbish, even by his standars and that´s saying something.

Lets hope he has a better game tonight.

sam-caddick said:
Daz_Blue said:
Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy; Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya Touré, Kolarov; Silva, Negredo

Wrong team, two in midfield means we will get overrun big time, Kolarov is great at swinging in ball from the wing but poor in possession.

I hope I am wrong but we look to be going very direct tonight and look almost couter attacking.

Let's hope Pellegrini pulls this off.

That's not 2 in the middle! Kolarov,Yaya,Fernandinho.Nava and Silva will be in and around midfield most of the time.

I agree re concerns about Kolarov though.Not a midfield player even in his dreams and I too hope he proves me wrong.

pudge said:
razman said:
kolarov is obv out there to help put clichy otherwise nasri would have put in
Ok, but why is Demichelis playing?

only coz of the history MP has with demi ...and experience ..hope ferna helps him out

toss up between lescott and demi ....boss has gone with the experience

nehe11 said:
I´m not confident with Kolarov as a winger, I still remember when he played their last year against Swansea at home, he was absolutely rubbish, even by his standars and that´s saying something.

Lets hope he has a better game tonight.

barcelona concede acres of space when they push forward, kolarov can exploit that space by crossing the ball to negredo ..

negredo will almost certainly outpace barca's defence and score.

deano ou812 said:
Daz_Blue said:
deano ou812 said:
Is that the team?

yes
Cheers...surprised to see kolarov in midfield,but pellegrini know's best could he be man-marking messi maybe or clichy ....

I reckon pellers has identified the nature of how quick barca can break as we do. Sanchez down that flank bombing forward and then the possibility of Pedro coming on in the second half to do the same.

Pellers obviously wants to put pace on that side to force sanchez back, and to add the crossing ability of Kolarov to fizz some balls across their box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.