Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harvster said:
Feeling confident. Don't think they'll be able to cope with our strength, size and physicality.

You could say me might not be able to cope with their intricate passing game.

The key for us is Yaya in my opinion, he needs to be driving forward at every opportunity tomorrow,.

Just sticking my head above the parapet to say I think Dzeko should start instead of Negredo, and no, my first name isn't Edin.

Reason two fold. I think Dzeko is the sharper of the two strikers at the moment. I think Negredo is the sort of bloke who would try and run off a lost leg, and wouldn't be surprised if the little he's played since his injury he really shouldn't have done. Secondly, I think Jovetic has a naturally better understanding with Dzeko than Negredo, and Jovetic surely has to play. Ergo, two strikers, one Jovetic, the other should be Dzeko. He also due a game where he smashes in a couple of brilliant goals.

Irrelevant as Negredo will probably start through virtue of not playing against Chelsea.

I'm more curious to see if Fernandinho starts. Against Barcelona in a midfield two with Yaya isn't quite what you'd call easing back into it!

adrianr said:
Just sticking my head above the parapet to say I think Dzeko should start instead of Negredo, and no, my first name isn't Edin.

Reason two fold. I think Dzeko is the sharper of the two strikers at the moment. I think Negredo is the sort of bloke who would try and run off a lost leg, and wouldn't be surprised if the little he's played since his injury he really shouldn't have done. Secondly, I think Jovetic has a naturally better understanding with Dzeko than Negredo, and Jovetic surely has to play. Ergo, two strikers, one Jovetic, the other should be Dzeko. He also due a game where he smashes in a couple of brilliant goals.

Irrelevant as Negredo will probably start through virtue of not playing against Chelsea.

I'm more curious to see if Fernandinho starts. Against Barcelona in a midfield two with Yaya isn't quite what you'd call easing back into it!

No chance. Dzeko might not even be fit as he picked up a knock in training apparently. Negredo is clearly superior when he's at his best and after a few games after injury and having a weeks rest I think he'll be at it. Especially considering the opposition.

If we're going to play with one up front they need to be clinical and Dzeko usually needs a few chances to get one on target. Dzeko's a great striker but it's got to be the Beast tomorrow in my opinion.

adrianr said:

Most of Negredo's recent appearances have been playing just behind Dzeko. That formation suits Dzeko much more than it does Negredo. Dzeko gets to play his normal game, Negredo has to adapt. Its not really surprising that Negredo's form has suffered, particularly when coupled with his injury.

If we play a single striker, or a target man + Jovetic, I'd go with Negredo.

adrianr said:

If the rumour is true that both Garcia and Fernandinho will start then it means Yaya behind the striker, and I think we will start Silva and Nasri on the wings because of their abilty to retain possession.

Negredo is a certain in my opinion, he is the only forward bar Sergio who has played against Barca and I think Pellegrini will want experience going into this match.

hart

zabba-kompany-demichelis-clichy

garcia-fernandinho

yaya

nasri silva

negredo

there is no need for a second striker...we need to be at our best and take every chance their defence will give to us...i'm not going to say a score but i'm confident the team will be up for it and will give 100% C'MON CITY WE CAN MAKE IT MAKE ALL OF US PROUDS!!!!!!!

The best best thing about this game is that we cannot lose. Go out of the champs league and our chances of footballs first ever domestic treble go up significantly. Win and we can get giddy as fuck about how good we are and dream of the big one.

I am loving this season more than any other.

Can't wait!

My starting XI
Hart
Clichy-Kompany-Lescott-Zaba
SilvaFerna-Toure-Nasri
Jovetic-Negredo (assuming Pellegrini will play a 4-4-2)

Didsbury Dave said:
The best best thing about this game is that we cannot lose. Go out of the champs league and our chances of footballs first ever domestic treble go up significantly. Win and we can get giddy as fuck about how good we are and dream of the big one.

I am loving this season more than any other.

Totally agree. I see it as a free hit. As long as we don't suffer a heavy defeat which could affect our confidence domestically. Defeat them and the confidence will rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.