Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very proud day for the club and us fans,top stage of world football with a great chance to increase our profile and standing to a huge tv audience.I am sat here amazed at our journey
and don't want it to end.As much as getting rid of the typical City tag is hard to shake off for us over 50s,at the back of your mind you have to come to terms with the fact that City do not let you down very much at all now.Pride in battle,make a noise to blow the roof off fellow Blues and roar this fantastic team onto glory,they and we deserve it.

kinkladze96 said:
totally giddy for this game. any chance of prince's secret gigs being in city square? :)
They're going to announce his after-game pitchside gig it at half-time, in the hope that the usual suspects might remain in their seats for the full 90 minutes.

I haven't been able to get a ticket - to say Im fucked off is an understatement!

I know several people who have no fucking business attending this match as well which pisses me off even more!

The press have really got on my tits today - I know their job is to sensationalise stuff (to sell papers in effect) but their headlines are a fucking joke more often a blatant lie (who'd have thought it)

One that caught my eye this morning was Mr McKenna in the Manu Mirror - "We'll batter Barcelona"

And what optimistic blather do you think warranted such a provocative statement from young Jesus:- the quote he refers to is
“I’m confident we can beat Barcelona at home. The tie will not be decided on Tuesday, but in Barcelona. It’s 180 minutes. Experience could be a factor in the tie, but I hope it’s not the decisive factor.”

Not one mention of battering them then McKenna you tosser.
I tracked it down online however the headline has been toned down to "Manchester City's Jesus Navas believes he knows how to beat Barcelona"
Bit of a climbdown

All the fucking hoo ha over the "Pellegrini statement". I knew something was a bit fishy about it when the only direct quotes were from the mouths of the Sky Sports presenters who couldn't decide if he'd said "Better" or "Bigger" so reported both alternately the wankers. Eventually it became obvious why as it was an interview given in (Spanish I presume) and was interpreted by someone who was obviously not interpreting correctly as she stated "we're still in 3 tournaments" at one stage. I'd like to know what the exact translation was and I'll put money on whatever he said wasn't what these cunts are reporting and probably a mile away from the intended interpretation.
I'm pretty sure the intended statement was that we are the better side in Manchester this year but you can't forget what UTD have done in the past. To say he's said we are bigger than them is clearly a fucking nonsense - This Year at least :)

I'm trying not to get my knickers in a twist about it and it has stirred the honey pot over the road for LOL's

Free hit today.
Worst case scenario we lose but we have finally got to see the great Barcelona in the flesh and we can concentrate
on the domestic treble without too big a fixture pile up. Best case scenario we win and announce our arrival on the
global stage. I'm looking forward to it. I was more nervous about shutting that dickhead up last Saturday. If the
gaffer has learnt from the Bayern game and we play 4-5-1 with Jovetic up top I'm confident we will win.
If he goes the other way and plays our two big Number 9s together in a 4-2-2-2 I think we'll get hammered.

On a completely different matter:

Being as the match itself has been sold out for weeks and knowing it was hugely oversubscribed have the club not considered having a big screen option outside the ground and charged a fiver to get in or something similar- or has Platini and his zealots ensured that can't happen.

Would have loved to have been there in what is a seminal game for the club and get a taste of the atmosphere on what will be a special night if we get the right result. (No Mary D's is not a good 2nd option)

It will be a great game and each team is capable of tearing the other one a new one if they're not on it. Like two tigers in a ring waiting for the moment to strike a fatal blow.

COMMMMMONNNNNNN BLUES!

Hello blues,

Got tickets to the game tomorrow and was wandering if anyone could give me a heads up as to the time the teams will be arriving at the ground?

Thanks

IMO if we go 4-4-2 then Clichy has to play -for his extra pace and defensive capabilities otherwise I'll be worried we'll be way to open like the Chelsea league game .... Personallly prefer a 4-2-3-1 and deffo Lescott with Vinnie. However from what I'cve seen this season I'd say Pellegrini rates Demichelis and Kolarov highly and I fear he could go with those two and two up front (hope I'm wrong).

This is what I'd like to see us starting with

|########|
--------------------- HART ------------------------
ZAB -- KOMPANY - LESCOTT -- CLICHY
-------------GARCIA ----- FERN ----------------
SILVA ---------------YAYA ----------- NASRI
------------------- NEGREDO -----------------

Lots of scope for change and impact with subs:
Jovetic (unlucky not to start)
Milner
Navas
Kolarov
Dzeko
Demichelis
Pantillimon

I personally think we'll have our pants pulled down by Barca and specifically Messi. We just aren't used to playing against players of his quality. Even so just considering where we were a few years ago tomorrow is a proud moment for City win or lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.