Barcelona (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't get anything out of this game,just hope no-one else gets sent off as we'll need everyone next round
Good to know you are already blaming Willy. You have to trust your Willy ,it's all in your head.
Try sometimes .

There will no doubt be the usual penalty for Barca or a sending off for us. I'm going 1-1 and will gladly take the point.

Alba, Pique, Iniesta and Turan all out injured for them.

Thats leaves them; Ter Stegen, Sergi Roberto, Mascherano, Umtiti, Digne, Busquets, Rakitic, Rafinha/Gomes, Messi, Suarez, Neymar

Same approach as last time with slightly different personnel and we have a chance. Their back 4 can be got at but we got to stop the supply to the front 3, easier said than done but until the red card that's exactly what we were doing.

------------------------------Caballero
--------Otamendi------------Stones-----------Kompany
-------------Fernandinho-----------------Gundogan
Sterling----------De Bruyne-----------Silva----------Nolito
-------------------------------Aguero

3 at the back is the only way to get those 6 midfielders and Kun onto the pitch, Fernandinho could go right back but I think he'll want his energy in midfield. If we want to crowd out their midfield then it looks fine but we'll have to adapt the system when defending against their front 3.
This is suicidal. Coz 1v1 every single one of their strikers will dismantle the individual defender on him. Messi would probably cause Kompany to overstretch, and we don't want that. Neymar has shown he has the beating of Ota whwn they are in wide spaces. Ota does well in a crowded middle where he's timing and aggression are a plus. And Stones v Suarez, well you can forget about it.

3 at the back would be calamitous in my opinion. Personally I'll move Dihno to RB, play Clichy at LB, Stones and Otamendi in the middle.,Silva and Gundogan at DM, Sterling DeBryune and Nolito at AM and Sergio up top.

Defensively the DM position is not the best but we can deal with their press better and control the ball longer with Silva and Silky orchestrating.

All about mentality this one. They need to stop fannying around messi treating like the messiah and stick the tackles in. If we go 3-5-2 I'd be tempted to ask fern to sit in his pocket.
I really don't see how we profit with a 352 in this one. None of our CBs can handle any of their towards 1v1. Has to be a 451 with Sterling and Nolito knowing they will be subbed because we expect then to run themselves into the ground. That's the only true winning strategy I see.

I hope that our forwards learn a lesson from Suarez & Neymar,and go down at every touch squealing like newly castrated piglets,roll about half a dozen times,whilst the rest of the team jostle the ref.You know like Barca do.See if the ref has the balls to send a Barca player off for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.