Barcelona (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spanish press seem to think we'll play a back four of Fernando, Stones, Otamendi, and Kolarov.

nah. We can even lose tonight, draw in Germany and beat Celtic.

If the Germans beat Celtic, draw with us and lose in Barca, we go through.
What makes you think Barca will play a full team since they would have already won the group. If we lose or indeed draw tonight we would need to win in Germany to be any way confident. We can of course hope that Celtic get a win tonight but that could put them back in with a shout. A City win and a draw in Germany would do nicely thanks.

Spanish press seem to think we'll play a back four of Fernando, Stones, Otamendi, and Kolarov.

Are they not just basing that on it being the back 4 for the West Brom game?

The English press said last week Kompany would be rested for West Brom so he could play today, and they got the first bit right so I'm inclined to believe he'll start.

The performance in Glasgow was piss poor and if we do go out we can't really complain about it. If we can manage to finish level on points with BMG we should go through on goals.

I think at worst we will finish second. Even if we lose tonight, we will win over in Gladbach and beat Celtic at home. Pep won't make the same mistakes against celtic.

The English press said last week Kompany would be rested for West Brom so he could play today, and they got the first bit right so I'm inclined to believe he'll start.

Yeah, there's no guarantee they know any better than our press to be fair.

We won't get anything out of this game,just hope no-one else gets sent off as we'll need everyone next round
What makes you think we won't get anything out of it? I give us a reasonable chance of at least a draw if we keep 11 on the field. They have a few injuries and we really are due a bit of luck against them. they will be thinking that they will still win the group even with a loss tonight so if we approach this game as Pep suggests there should be something in it for us.

I can see Celtic getting a draw tonight - BMG have not scored for last 3 games. Brenda will play it tight.
I fancy City to get at least 1 point tonight .

Wasn't Fernado picked for WBA primarily to combat their height and physicality?

I dont think Pep will start Kompany unless he's very confident that he can play the full game at full pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.