Barcelona (H) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the ground is rocking tonight, would love to be there. Enjoy blues, no pressure on us, just hope we go out and do ourselves justice.

I think asking Maffeo to put Neymar in his pocket was probably just too big an ask. If Zaba starts getting torn apart he may need to make the ask of Clichy or Fernando but I can see why Pep would give Zaba a go and hope for the best. Clichy + Fernando gives him a lot of options to change formation off the bench. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that we nick a goal and try to hold onto a 1-0 lead and want experienced defenders on the pitch.

From the forward line, I'd personally hope to see Gundogan in more advanced positions and KDB maybe drifting out left with Sterling right. I suspect we aren't going to see that, however.

Every teamsheet brings out the wannabes. x played well last week, so why is he playing y tonight.

I know and I can understand one or two questions but I seriously cannot fathom why people are wanting Maffeo to play. Give him a game at home Saturday but not against the likes of this lot.

Plus Sane is obviously not up to speed or he'd be in the squad. Someone a few pages back was asking "what's the point in spending 37m?"

It's baffling on here some times.

Not sure about the line up myself. I'm hoping Zabaletta will have a decent game, but I worry about his pace, same for Kolarov at left back. Aguero's work rate will be interesting to watch, as he'll be expected to chase down a lot. Also hoping that Silva can step up in a big game.

Setting off soon so at least I won't be in the mad house that is the Matchday thread.

who would you have played there?

At least Clichy can defend a bit. He had his usual early season burst but Kolarov contributes very little to this team.

Am hoping the captaincy will inspire Zaba to produce a vintage performance but from what I've seen recently I fear his legs have gone.

Like the look of the team going forward but think their front three will have to have an off day for us to have any chance of winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.