Barcelona thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can guarantee you nothing substantial will come of this.
I think something has to give.

1. Its either tax payer bail out.
  2. Football clubs come together to sort the problem.
  3. Something else that raises millions in a short period of time (new europe wide top league could maybe do it).
  4. Or multiple clubs go bust - including some very big ones.
This applies to every league. I said over the summer that we should keep our head down as this will get very ugly. Tax payer money should not go to football clubs given the state of the payroll and agents who will all be on the creditor lists. And we should stay away from any break away leagues however i acknowlege the dilema of do you shit or bust if its going to happen irrespective of your willingness to join.

Something has to give...

3. Something else that raises millions in a short period of time (new europe wide top league could maybe do it).
This applies to every league. I said over the summer that we should keep our head down as this will get very ugly. Tax payer money should not go to football clubs given the state of the payroll and agents who will all be on the creditor lists. And we should stay away from any break away leagues however i acknowlege the dilema of do you shit or bust if its going to happen irrespective of your willingness to join.

Something has to give...
Why are football clubs considered any different than other businesses?

The Ma & Pa Corner Shop can go bust and no-one bats an eye. A local business employing 50 people goes bust, a few local families struggle, but if it’s a football club, everyone screams blue murder?!

People need to get their priorities straight.

Football, back in the day and for a hundred years since the days of St. Marks, MAY have been something of a community service and lynchpin if the social fabric of a town. Today? It’s all BUSINESS AND CASH FLOW!

Clubs with limited resources and commercial contracts lived on terrace receipts and the pies and pints. Today, it takes more and more.

Salary caps are a must in the lower leagues. Revenue sharing is a must. Without these things, COMMUNITY football is unsustainable and 92 professional clubs becomes 50 in a hurry, and non-league football shrivels up.

The FA and the Premier League need to figure out what they want for English football, and quickly, because as we can see from the “Projects” exposed recently, we are on the very cusp of the complete bifurcation of football into “haves and have nots,” which may be irreversible.

Last edited:

Something has to give...

If the reports are correct and they owe that much money then it can't be whispered away can it? This is a time where one of the Spanish throne sitters get what's coming to them IMO.

Their accountants would have been warning about cash flow for months. Barceloana (sorry) would have done everything to keep this quiet for as long as possible so they must be in real trouble. I don't know anything about Spanish law or accountancy rules but surely they are in breach of FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.