Barcelona thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
What intrigues me is the similarity between Barcelona's predicament and that of Leeds United in the early years of the century. Leeds had to sell players (and a great deal more!) to reduce wages and pay of debts incurred trying to finance success and dethrone United. They would always have satisfied FFP, I believe, but that was hardly a consideration for their creditors, and it seems certain Barcelona will not have any trouble with UEFA, but that doesn't make the debts or the wage bill any smaller. The only asset they have is the squad, and despite the vast sums spent to assemble it it does have some talented players, but many have talent and no transfer value because of age AND sky high wages. We know who fits this profile best ... I said in the summer that the only sensible course of action for Barcelona was to negotiate a deal with City but this was too much like a recognition that power in the football world had changed decisively (especially after CAS). Now they have to get Messi off the wage bill any way they can ...

Wage reductions don't seem to stand a chance because the players seem to feel they are the victims of a massive cock up at the club going back, effectively, to when Soriano "left" and a unilateral reduction of wages would involve action against the club for not paying its bills which UEFA could not ignore. I don't know what the law is in Spain but over here not paying the wages stipulated in the contract breaks it ... and voids it.

If you are thinking he would need to wait until the next window then that's not the situation as he would be a free agent...who can join outside of a window.
He won't be registered for us though. We can't change that again till January,. At least that's what I think.

We could sign him, but couldn't play for us till registered, January 1st
I thought you could register a player anytime who is out of contract?

The transfer window is just that, a period to sign and register players contracted to other clubs.

Construction company MCM want Barcelona declared bankrupt, the company is owed €3.5m by Barcelona.

Barcelona also have transfer debt of about €200m. This means they owe €200m to other clubs for player purchases.

Construction company MCM want Barcelona declared bankrupt, the company is owed €3.5m by Barcelona.

Barcelona also have transfer debt of about €200m. This means they owe €200m to other clubs for player purchases.
Meaning if Barca goes bankrupt other clubs will be missing 200 million. Here's to hoping it is Coutinho money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.