Barcelona Thread - 2021/22

From the BBC....

Spanish website AS said: "Barca staged their resignation from the football elite in a display of all their shortcomings when they fell without complaint against a Bayern Munich that, again in third gear and without giving the feeling of wanting to humiliate, dislodged Barca 3-0 with the attitude of a tired tiger who is lazy to hunt a baby gazelle, but does what nature expects of him."

Ouch!

There's an absolutely laughable article in The Athletic today by Jack Pitt-Brooke suggesting that poor little Barcelona are are in their current dire straits because nasty old City and PSG, with their greater resources, have decided to ape them and have done it considerably better. Thus, City have recruited key ex-Barca personnel in the executive and management structure, then imitated the Catalan club, while PSG took two of their star players.

He ignores the fact that we're in the era of FFP and Barca have a bigger budget than either us or PSG. He ignores the fact that all the execs employed by City would have willingly stayed at Barca but were shown the door. He ignores they trousered £198 million for Neymar and lost Messi only when they couldn't afford to pay him within the scope of La Liga financial rules. Their woes are entirely self-inflicted, and the take in that article is utterly dreadful.

It's my fault to some degree. I did unsubscribe after my first year, paid for upfront, but allowed myself to be lured back in by an offer of £1 per month. But I looked at it so rarely these days that it's overpriced even at that discounted rate. Looking at Jack's article this morning reminded me why I hardly ever bother with it any longer.
It's so bad that even though I was able to use Lucky Patcher to bypass actually paying for it and I am a 'subscribed' member with full access I have not looked at it for ages.

It's full of long, vacuous articles trying to be 'different'.

This year’s Crisis at Christmas Charity Cause: FC Barcelona.

Can you help? This once elegant lady, admired over the world as the borderless home of the beautiful and the talented, has now fallen on hard times, misused by a succession of scrounging men with a twinkle in their eye and without a moral scruple to bless them self with, has now resorted to begging. It’s too pitiful.

Can you give her what she really needs this Christmas? She really wants Ferran Torres, but those evil money-grabbing parvenus at Manchester City selfishly want him all to themselves. She’ll even meet them half-way, for goodness’ sake.

View attachment 31315
FC Barcelona think Ferran is worth £25 million, a full £5 million more than City paid Valencia for him, but like the true footballing philanthropist she is, Barça will compromise at £38m.

You can’t say fairer than that, surely?
I would ask Real Madrid if they were interested.

Is Xavi another Ole for them? Hopefully, they will retain him for two plus years.

How the mighty have fallen , over a billion in debt and counting , their playing squad has a value of £590m according to transfermkt and a stadium that is falling to pieces they cant switch a microwave on during the match because the floodlights might fail, and a 40 year old Alves playing for one euro a week , if there was ever an example of mismanagement in football then Barca are the perfect case. The fact that Fatty Tebas and La Liga have overseen the disaster needs mentioning , the fat bastard is quick enough to have a got at us whilst ignoring the problems under his nose , fat wanker.

How the mighty have fallen , over a billion in debt and counting , their playing squad has a value of £590m according to transfermkt and a stadium that is falling to pieces they cant switch a microwave on during the match because the floodlights might fail, and a 40 year old Alves playing for one euro a week , if there was ever an example of mismanagement in football then Barca are the perfect case. The fact that Fatty Tebas and La Liga have overseen the disaster needs mentioning , the fat bastard is quick enough to have a got at us whilst ignoring the problems under his nose , fat wanker.
To be honest of all the big foreign teams I like Barca the most. But they have truly run themselves into the ground and it all comes from the arse holes at the top. No wonder Pep stays well clear even though he loves the club.

The is a real danger they could go into a cycle of decline. They cany afford players yet they cant afford to not be in the top end of the CL. A well run club would be looking to clear the decks and rebuild - but with massive debts that need paying the pressure is on to generate money fast.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.