Barcelona Thread - 2021/22

There's an absolutely laughable article in The Athletic today by Jack Pitt-Brooke suggesting that poor little Barcelona are are in their current dire straits because nasty old City and PSG, with their greater resources, have decided to ape them and have done it considerably better. Thus, City have recruited key ex-Barca personnel in the executive and management structure, then imitated the Catalan club, while PSG took two of their star players.

He ignores the fact that we're in the era of FFP and Barca have a bigger budget than either us or PSG. He ignores the fact that all the execs employed by City would have willingly stayed at Barca but were shown the door. He ignores they trousered £198 million for Neymar and lost Messi only when they couldn't afford to pay him within the scope of La Liga financial rules. Their woes are entirely self-inflicted, and the take in that article is utterly dreadful.

It's my fault to some degree. I did unsubscribe after my first year, paid for upfront, but allowed myself to be lured back in by an offer of £1 per month. But I looked at it so rarely these days that it's overpriced even at that discounted rate. Looking at Jack's article this morning reminded me why I hardly ever bother with it any longer.

Do they allow you to respond to the article as in a comment section? Because responding on Twitter to any of the media is pointless because of methods you can set up in settings! You can set now to not see any tweets who you don’t follow!

The media love these clicks they get but like to blank us all out!

Do they allow you to respond to the article as in a comment section? Because responding on Twitter to any of the media is pointless because of methods you can set up in settings! You can set now to not see any tweets who you don’t follow!

The media love these clicks they get but like to blank us all out!

Yes, they have a comment section. Apart from a couple of times when I first subscribed, I've never bothered with it because there's no setting that stops know-nothing arseholes from responding to what I write.

Am I the only one in thinking that either Pep, Soriano or Txiki will try and help Barca out in the transfer window by selling a player on the cheap? I know its their former club and all. But i say fuck em. U want Raz or Torres? Pay 90 million for each player.

62c87baf-03af-4d0d-aa3a-dc87343c2a89_text.gif

Yep do we have the media plastering jt all over the place weekly daily!
Don't read it, they have an agenda, we are all aware of that.

All clubs tap players up, always have, always will and the media thrive off it.

One of our players wants out, that's big news, because we are the Champions of England.

W
There's an absolutely laughable article in The Athletic today by Jack Pitt-Brooke suggesting that poor little Barcelona are are in their current dire straits because nasty old City and PSG, with their greater resources, have decided to ape them and have done it considerably better. Thus, City have recruited key ex-Barca personnel in the executive and management structure, then imitated the Catalan club, while PSG took two of their star players.

He ignores the fact that we're in the era of FFP and Barca have a bigger budget than either us or PSG. He ignores the fact that all the execs employed by City would have willingly stayed at Barca but were shown the door. He ignores they trousered £198 million for Neymar and lost Messi only when they couldn't afford to pay him within the scope of La Liga financial rules. Their woes are entirely self-inflicted, and the take in that article is utterly dreadful.

It's my fault to some degree. I did unsubscribe after my first year, paid for upfront, but allowed myself to be lured back in by an offer of £1 per month. But I looked at it so rarely these days that it's overpriced even at that discounted rate. Looking at Jack's article this morning reminded me why I hardly ever bother with it any longer.
We are getting the blame on the BBC have your say too !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.