Barcelona Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
City win 3-2 , and we get Bayern in the quarters , you know its gonna happen , it wouldnt be city otherwise , one minute we are on a high (possibly alcohol induced) the next we are in the gutter (but staring at the stars)

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
cleavers said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Disagree. The longer the game goes on, without us scoring, the anxiety creeps in
and then passes start getting rushed and misplaced. The result of that is usually
a goal for the opponent.
I agree, them scoring early might actually be to our benefit, they might relax thinking they're through, a dangerous game against us (but they could also then go on to score 3 or 4 too).

We've seen this over and over again. 0-0 at HT and who doesn't begin to fear the same old story of the opposition nicking it with a goal of the season, dodgy pen, scabby goal, bizarre own goal?

Usually one of our players dawdling or waiting on the ball and they get a free run on goal ;-)

jimmygrimblesboots said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
I'm on holiday this week. I'm usually working when the footies on. This will be my first
CL game in real time. All i need is my TV, Stella and copious amounts of hope.
Yes that is hope. I'm well up for it, i hope the team is.

hope you've got the best seat in the house , BEHIND the sofa :)

I'm made of sterner stuff. Been watching City long enough.
Plus, if the Stella don't work i just hit myself over the head with the bottle ;-)

cleavers said:
Knowing us, its much more likely that we'd scrape through tomorrow, then finally get a decent draw, Monaco, and get shafted anyway.

It would be progress though :)

LOL

I had the same thought earlier this evening.

Well you just never know,maybe barca will have an off night and we have one of those games where three or four attempts on goal go in..although the likelihood is we will be shafted and get a red card and concede a penalty...

jimmygrimblesboots said:
City win 3-2 , and we get Bayern in the quarters , you know its gonna happen , it wouldnt be city otherwise , one minute we are on a high (possibly alcohol induced) the next we are in the gutter (but staring at the stars)

I'd settle for that as long as we get past this. At least it shows we can challenge the top teams and win. And Bayern does have 'off' days - they weren't amazing at the Allianz against us with the 1-0.

For some strange reason I think you can do it tomorrow. It's down to the players. Hopefully Yaya, Silva and Aguero don't like what the media has said about them. They have to be angry about the way the season is going. If they give everything then I think they have a decent chance. I am not convinced by this Barcelona team and Pellegrini has a point that City have never played 90s mins against Barca. Barcelona have another big game on the Sunday and their minds hopefully will be turned.

If City play like they did against United in the 6-1 or even that 3-2 loss in the F.A. Cup they have a decent shot. Last English team in the CL.

I honestly can't predict these players. They have it in them, but they have to want to put the work in and want it. Bayern are looking quite ominous now, but City should fear no one else. These players can win this years CL. They just need to work and believe tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.