Barcelona Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clichy can't play

And Fernando will play. These are the games he was bought for

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
solley attwell said:
There is no point in starting off aggressive trying to get an early goal as barca will just pick us off and kill the tie before half time. It is important to get to half time at nil all . Yes if they score one it changes nothing in that we still need 2. However it might change their mentality if in the second half we up the ante and score one. They may get nervous as they have everything to lose ...re Schalke, Arsenal and little old ciddy in Rome

Disagree. The longer the game goes on, without us scoring, the anxiety creeps in
and then passes start getting rushed and misplaced. The result of that is usually
a goal for the opponent.
I agree, them scoring early might actually be to our benefit, they might relax thinking they're through, a dangerous game against us (but they could also then go on to score 3 or 4 too).

I'm on holiday this week. I'm usually working when the footies on. This will be my first
CL game in real time. All i need is my TV, Stella and copious amounts of hope.
Yes that is hope. I'm well up for it, i hope the team is.

cleavers said:
penalty spot said:
Stating the obvious ,we have to take their initial burst of attacking play with the crowd roaring them on. A lone striker and 5 man midfield hoping for a breakaway. The most important thing in the first half hour is not to concede . We can then hopefully grow into the game, especially after one goal of our own ,then anything is possible. If we do not have a man sent off, it could be a result against Barca for the tie. Just hope we don't give them too much respect and play well.
Roaring them on ?
Aah, that should have been written, "with the Barca fans roaring their team on". Forgive me cleavers for the error in my diatribe,it is St Patricks day here of course and could have had some bearing on my vocabulary.

cleavers said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
solley attwell said:
There is no point in starting off aggressive trying to get an early goal as barca will just pick us off and kill the tie before half time. It is important to get to half time at nil all . Yes if they score one it changes nothing in that we still need 2. However it might change their mentality if in the second half we up the ante and score one. They may get nervous as they have everything to lose ...re Schalke, Arsenal and little old ciddy in Rome

Disagree. The longer the game goes on, without us scoring, the anxiety creeps in
and then passes start getting rushed and misplaced. The result of that is usually
a goal for the opponent.
I agree, them scoring early might actually be to our benefit, they might relax thinking they're through, a dangerous game against us (but they could also then go on to score 3 or 4 too).

We've seen this over and over again. 0-0 at HT and who doesn't begin to fear the same old story of the opposition nicking it with a goal of the season, dodgy pen, scabby goal, bizarre own goal?

The usual, I guess. Barca will press and make our players so scared they can't even pass correctly. People will say the players don't care/no passion etc while actually they're just shitting their pants. We'll get someone sent off too as per the normal. 2-0 barca.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
I'm on holiday this week. I'm usually working when the footies on. This will be my first
CL game in real time. All i need is my TV, Stella and copious amounts of hope.
Yes that is hope. I'm well up for it, i hope the team is.

hope you've got the best seat in the house , BEHIND the sofa :)

Marvin said:
Clichy can't play

And Fernando will play. These are the games he was bought for
Are people still posting this shit about Clichy, it must have been mentioned 100 times this week.

I'll also be amazed if Fernando doesn't start.

There was a reason that Mangala, Sagna, Kolorov, Milner, and Fernando didn't feature at Burnley, its called rotation, and I expect all 5 to start tomorrow, even though I don't buy into it. I think they'll replace Clichy obviously, Zab, Demechelis, Navas, and Dzeko. The only one I have doubts over is Sagna/Zab as Zab seems to be the player selected to front the media, which I suspect means he will play, and as we need goals, I would start him, as he offers an attacking threat.

Despite that comment about Zab, I'll stick with my prediction of

_______________Hart
Sagna Kompany Mangala Kolorov
____________Fernando
________Nasri Toure Milner
______________Silva
____________Aguero

Its pretty attacking despite only one forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.