Barcelona vs City - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a bad time at all to face Barcelona, they haven't started all that well. If we want to be considered one of the best in the world then games like this is where it's at. We need to go in with the mentality that they are our equals if we want to be taken seriously as a top 5 in the world team.
Although having said that they've won 18 of their last 20 at home in the CL (drawing 2) and some of those are against the very elite so a loss tonight doesn't preclude us from being considered amongst the best.

I am worried that many of you who are saying we are going to win , beat them , take it to another level might become upset and react harshly to us if we lose and especially if we lose like 3-0 or 4-0. We need to be realistic and accept that Barcelona is still way ahead of us in development and skills. I believe we still need atleast 5 years before we can honestly compete for the CL. Until then, we need to grow mentally and continue to play great football.

So for me the result in this CL match is not going to sway me to become angry with any players or the coach or the whole team. I am hoping for the best performance with alot more to learn as Man City continues to build a great team.

I cannot accept all the media and people who say we can compete with Barcelona cause we are not ready. In the meantime we need to continue to learn and adapt and win more Premier League titles cause the PL titles are the key to us progressing and one day winning the CL.

Today I would take a huge loss with a great performance over a draw with lousy gutless performance. I hope the boyz enjoy that time on the field and give us a good game to watch :)

Really looking forward to tonight. I think we'll struggle to get anything out of the game, but hopefully we'll have more of a go than in previous seasons.

It's pretty much a free hit, in that the games against Borussia and Celtic will determine if we qualify rather than the head-to-head with Barca.

It'd be nice if we didn't have the usual hysterical over reactions in the match/post-match threads for once. Optimistic I know, but it needs clamping down on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.