Barcelona Vs Rags Official Match Topic

Swales lives said:
Here's one I prepared earlier...

mrhappy2.jpg

borat_nice-1.jpg

Meanwhile, glum-looking Man Utd players caught a train from London back to their base in Stockport, Manchester — their 3-1 defeat hanging over them.

The morning after the night before.

sir.jpg

Are those cases shaking?

Ferguson looks a destroyed man. He even said that Barca just outclassed them in every way in the interview, couldn't blame the pitch, refs or divine intervention this time.

Castiel said:
Ferguson looks a destroyed man. He even said that Barca just outclassed them in every way in the interview, couldn't blame the pitch, refs or divine intervention this time.
I think for the first time in a very long time he's had to question himself.

And that's a road that rarely ends in triumph.

It's quite hilarious that Arse took so much shit for losing to Barca, 'Arsenal fails again, Wenger never learned.' Yet Ferguson failed even more spectacularly than Rome and it's 'Barca are greatest ever, no fault of Ferguson, blah blah blah." Even though Arse looked better against them.

What a joke, these media types. I'm glad their darlings were raped so brutally in front of 500 million people.

Blue Haze said:
It's quite hilarious that Arse took so much shit for losing to Barca, 'Arsenal fails again, Wenger never learned.' Yet Ferguson failed even more spectacularly than Rome and it's 'Barca are greatest ever, no fault of Ferguson, blah blah blah." Even though Arse looked better against them.

What a joke, these media types. I'm glad their darlings were raped so brutally in front of 500 million people.

Nobody was touching Barca this year, but Arse took so much shit because they failed AGAIN. As in a string of failures season after season. Even with those demoralizing losses in the finals, we also managed to knock Barca out in a semi-final on the way to Champions League victory of our own.

Gar said:
Blue Haze said:

Nobody was touching Barca this year, but Arse took so much shit because they failed AGAIN. As in a string of failures season after season. Even with those demoralizing losses in the finals, we also managed to knock Barca out in a semi-final on the way to Champions League victory of our own.

Barca were in jeopardy of elimination before the Van Persie red card. It was aggregate 3-2 in favor of Arsenal with 1 away goal a piece.

Arse took more shit but actually outplayed Barca. Wenger's tactics were very sound, unlike Ferguson's.

They can be made to look vulnerable with the right tactics and personnel as Wenger and Mourinho (with Inter) showed. But Wenger is an odious Frenchman who bottles the league so it doesn't count, Barca are invincible, blah blah blah.

Blue Haze said:
Barca were in jeopardy of elimination before the Van Persie red card. It was aggregate 3-2 in favor of Arsenal with 1 away goal a piece.

Arse took more shit but actually outplayed Barca. Wenger's tactics were very sound, unlike Ferguson's.

They can be made to look vulnerable with the right tactics and personnel as Wenger and Mourinho (with Inter) showed. But Wenger is an odious Frenchman who bottles the league so it doesn't count, Barca are invincible, blah blah blah.
Agree. I've seen Mourinho out think them with Chelsea (granted they didn't have Messi but had Ronaldinho and Eto'o in their prime and Xavi was 6 years younger) and Inter. Hiddink tactically beat them as well, had it not been for the disgraceful refereeing in the second leg. And Arsenal had them seriously worried until RVP went off for the most ridiculous red I've ever seen.

There is huge debate about whether Real would have taken them down this season had it not been for Pepe's red, but they didn't get completely mauled in that tie like United in the final.

Castiel said:
Blue Haze said:

Agree. I've seen Mourinho out think them with Chelsea (granted they didn't have Messi but had Ronaldinho and Eto'o in their prime and Xavi was 6 years younger) and Inter. Hiddink tactically beat them as well, had it not been for the disgraceful refereeing in the second leg. And Arsenal had them seriously worried until RVP went off for the most ridiculous red I've ever seen.

There is huge debate about whether Real would have taken them down this season had it not been for Pepe's red, but they didn't get completely mauled in that tie like United in the final.

Barca missed 2 or 3 chances they usually put away in the first leg against Arsenal. Much like the final it shouldn't have been as close as it was. Hiddink managed to frustrate them but Chelsea parked the bus most of the time over two legs. United were neither here nor there and Fergie deserves criticism, but not as much as Wenger for Arsenal's overall failures. A good handful of their players would walk into United and start. The only time I've ever seen Barca outplayed was against Mourinho's Inter.

Gar said:
Barca missed 2 or 3 chances they usually put away in the first leg against Arsenal. Much like the final it shouldn't have been as close as it was. Hiddink managed to frustrate them but Chelsea parked the bus most of the time over two legs. United were neither here nor there and Fergie deserves criticism, but not as much as Wenger for Arsenal's overall failures. A good handful of their players would walk into United and start. The only time I've ever seen Barca outplayed was against Mourinho's Inter.
What Hiddink and Mourinho did is simply how you beat them. Mourinho let his team go head to head against them in the league and lost 5-0. You have to frustrate their midfield and relentlessly press for the ball and hit on the break. Retracting into your shell results in what happened in the final. Going toe to toe results in a 5-0 demolition.

As for Arsenal, I'm the first to criticise their failures. But I've got to hand it to them, they had Barca on the ropes until the ref came to their rescue. Missed chances isn't something you can argue for Barca in that tie, because if Barca had made all the chances they should have scored in the final, SAF would have been carried out of Wembley on a stretcher.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.