Barnsley fans yesterday

Zabbasbeard said:
philiph20 said:
Barnsley i believe has more rags living there than most i think because Tommy Taylor was a Barnsley lad and post Munich obviously many from Barnsley started following them.

Very true. I know a little bit about Barnsley having lived in S Yorks and N Derbys for many years (originally Glossop), and some of my family hails from the area. Barnsley has loads of rags. Absolutely loads of the fuckers, and the Tommy Taylor link and the Munich Air Disaster strenghtened that link.
The main fan groups there:
1 Barnsley (only about half mind, which with economic reasons explains their low gates)
2 Rags (some would have tagged along last sat, I'm sure, masquerading as Barnsley fans - an embarassment to true Barnsley fans I know from experience)
3 Leeds (big following that has shrunk over time as Lids have struggled)
4 Sheff Wed (a minority but some of the ex-pit villages on the South Side of the town have a Barns/Wednesday split)

in that order, though when I was a student in Sheffield, I knew a couple of loyal City fans from Barnsley in he 80s. Proper decent Blues they were who went everywhere, through thin and thinner. I know so because I went to a lot of home and away games with them.

Still a few from barnsley who go home and away with the south yorks branch.

bainy said:
Zabbasbeard said:
philiph20 said:
Barnsley i believe has more rags living there than most i think because Tommy Taylor was a Barnsley lad and post Munich obviously many from Barnsley started following them.

Very true. I know a little bit about Barnsley having lived in S Yorks and N Derbys for many years (originally Glossop), and some of my family hails from the area. Barnsley has loads of rags. Absolutely loads of the fuckers, and the Tommy Taylor link and the Munich Air Disaster strenghtened that link.
The main fan groups there:
1 Barnsley (only about half mind, which with economic reasons explains their low gates)
2 Rags (some would have tagged along last sat, I'm sure, masquerading as Barnsley fans - an embarassment to true Barnsley fans I know from experience)
3 Leeds (big following that has shrunk over time as Lids have struggled)
4 Sheff Wed (a minority but some of the ex-pit villages on the South Side of the town have a Barns/Wednesday split)

in that order, though when I was a student in Sheffield, I knew a couple of loyal City fans from Barnsley in he 80s. Proper decent Blues they were who went everywhere, through thin and thinner. I know so because I went to a lot of home and away games with them.

Still a few from barnsley who go home and away with the south yorks branch.
Yeah but I can't understand a word they say!!

It's not just Barnsley which is full of them, other areas which have more rags than normal are Cumbria and North Wales, maybe Cumbria because apart from Carlisle there are no clubs in the vicinity but Wrexham and North Wales in general has to be numero uno in terms of out of town rags, travelling down to the semi in 2011 the coaches from North Wales outnumbered the ones from the Manchester area by 10-1.

I think in the past having famous players from certain areas benefited clubs i.e the great John Charles and to a lesser extent Garry Sprake and Terry Yorath meant that support for Leeds in South Wales was very strong see also Northern Ireland with George Best and Harry Gregg for the rags and the Irish Republic with Billy Wheelan who died at Munich and the perceived Catholicism of the club rightly or wrongly.

I had to drive over Woodhead Pass to Sheffield on Sunday night. It's a regular run for a job I do each Sunday at Meadowhall shopping centre. I set off around 7pm and it's usually a clear drive up past Hyde and through Mottram compared to the usual grid lock crawl in the daytime at the top of the M67 where the roundabout is. However this Sunday evening it resembled the Monday morning rush hour and at first I was at a loss to understand why there was so much traffic so late on a Sunday evening.

And then I saw the scarves out of the windows. Fuck me it was bumper to bumper as we snaked over the pass as it dawned on me I was stuck in the middle of the travelling Rag Hordes on their way back to Barnsley and other Yorkshire destinations or possibly the M1 to Larndarn from their late 4.30pm FA cup game v Chelsea.

Won't be making that mistake again when they kick off on a sunday afternoon.

Wow it kicked off at the match it happens deal with it. There not fighting random people there after like minded individuals

8 city fans have been arrested over it.

And slating rangers fans? I know plenty who have been to more city games in last few years than most that post on this forum.

Yeah it kicked off at the final, point the blame at rangers fans, but you can also point tr blame at fans from city, Chelsea & plenty of other clubs who were involved in trashing Manchester

And before a do goody idiot says no real city fan would, they did.

Oh and I would also like to say well don't to the do goody city fan who (after police in Newcastle weren't pressing charges) went to GMP over the flare at Newcastle, because of
People's tickets on that area 11 city fans now have there tickets suspended until they found the ONE individual who lobbed it

Just like to say arsehole, and we wouldn't of had that at Maine road

mancityvstoke said:
I think some of the real Barnsley fans were embarrassed by their divs who never normally go.

i put it down to this.

the "yer gonna win fuck all" was sand by about a 3rd of them.

Young_TomO said:
Yeah it kicked off at the final, point the blame at rangers fans, but you can also point tr blame at fans from city, Chelsea & plenty of other clubs who were involved in trashing Manchester

"You trashed your own town!
You trashed your own town!
How thick must you be?
You trashed your own town!"

peoffrey said:
Young_TomO said:

How thick must you be?

yet not one Manc accent

mancityvstoke said:
peoffrey said:
Young_TomO said:

How thick must you be?

yet not one Manc accent

We sang it at White Hart Lane last season. Seems an eternity ago!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.