Barry is pants

Let's be fair. He was as slow as a very slow thing when Magic Mark bought him. Those who bothered to listen to Villa fans at the time would have told you as much, but none of you cared, 'cos buying him gave you a fatty.

I cannot help but recall the first round of excuses on here when it became clear he was Didi in reverse: "He has a groin strain" and so on.

Face it: we've bought another dud. Slow as black treacle, weak in the tackle, hit or miss on the pass. "But, but, he's an Engerland international!!!".

So is TB. What's your point? Get rid asap.

blue_bird said:
SWP's back said:
Hopefully

An absolutely diabolical remark to make. In all my time on this forum I don't think Ive ever seen such an embarrassing thread ESPECIALLY coming from someone I know personally and had a lot of respect for. I'm genuinely shocked.

Thought the whole point of us being supporters is that we get behind our players because they pull on the blue shirt? Bad game or no bad game you don't start threads openly slagging our own. There's opposition teams forums for that.

Don't let your own emotions for Barry get in the way here. Would you be wanting City to sign him from Villa on the last 6 months form? No, you would not. Are De Jong and Kompany better. Yes. Is Ireland better? Yes. Has Milner shown better form and be a better long term bet? Yes.

I am more often than not accused of being happy clappy and back City to the hilt. Usually to the great annoyance of most on here. But, at present time, Barry should not be in the team.

It is not a case of one bad game. Or even two. But if we are only playing two centre midfielders this season, then BOTH have to be mobile. Barry is not bad in a 5 man midfield, where he is not expected to move around so much. If we play him this season in a 442, then he is going to be exposed for pace time and time again.

I support City, not single players and I have every right to express my views (which would appear to be shared by many) on a public forum. Just as much as you have every right to disagree.

That ok bluebird?

-- Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:54 am --

Banned Tosspot said:
A bit early calling him pants. He was pretty good last season.

Let's judge him at Christmas.

Sodd off - I get confused when you are the voice of reason ;)

-- Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:02 pm --

Damocles said:
It's even weirder that every England manager for the past 8 years, Mancini, Hughes, O'Neill, Benitez and even Steven Gerrard all think he's actually a fantastic footballer who makes everybody else's life easier around him, yet the Bluemoon Boo Boys seem to believe that that's entirely false because he had a bad first season in an entirely new club, after leaving the only one he's ever been at.

But that is not true is it Dam - how many caps did he get under Sven?

Don't bullshit please. And I am not exactly a boo boy. Find me one quote where I have had a go at a City player in 14 months on here and 2,500 posts.

SWP's back said:
blue_bird said:
An absolutely diabolical remark to make. In all my time on this forum I don't think Ive ever seen such an embarrassing thread ESPECIALLY coming from someone I know personally and had a lot of respect for. I'm genuinely shocked.

Thought the whole point of us being supporters is that we get behind our players because they pull on the blue shirt? Bad game or no bad game you don't start threads openly slagging our own. There's opposition teams forums for that.

Don't let your own emotions for Barry get in the way here. Would you be wanting City to sign him from Villa on the last 6 months form? No, you would not. Are De Jong and Kompany better. Yes. Is Ireland better? Yes. Has Milner shown better form and be a better long term bet? Yes.

I am more often than not accused of being happy clappy and back City to the hilt. Usually to the great annoyance of most on here. But, at present time, Barry should not be in the team.

It is not a case of one bad game. Or even two. But if we are only playing two centre midfielders this season, then BOTH have to be mobile. Barry is not bad in a 5 man midfield, where he is not expected to move around so much. If we play him this season in a 442, then he is going to be exposed for pace time and time again.

I support City, not single players and I have every right to express my views (which would appear to be shared by many) on a public forum. Just as much as you have every right to disagree.

That ok bluebird?

I agree that we're screwed if we play 442 with Barry as one of the two in the middle. However, we are also screwed if we play 442 with De Jong, Kompany or even Ireland in the middle. This is why I can't believe some people can't see the need to sign Milner. He's the complete midfielder we simply don't have at the club, bar Michael Johnson of course.

There's a difference between slagging a player off for his lack of ability and a player being not suited to a paticular role.

I wouldn't shed any tears if he left but let's be fair.

m27 said:
SWP's back said:

That ok bluebird?

I agree that we're screwed if we play 442 with Barry as one of the two in the middle. However, we are also screwed if we play 442 with De Jong, Kompany or even Ireland in the middle. This is why I can't believe some people can't see the need to sign Milner. He's the complete midfielder we simply don't have at the club, bar Michael Johnson of course.

There's a difference between slagging a player off for his lack of ability and a player being not suited to a paticular role.

That's all well and good but do you fancy him though?

1_barry_conlon said:
m27 said:

That's all well and good but do you fancy him though?

I've never really understood the attraction. Not really my type.

I think we've got a very ugly side to be fair.

Damocles said:
It's even weirder that every England manager for the past 8 years, Mancini, Hughes, O'Neill, Benitez and even Steven Gerrard all think he's actually a fantastic footballer who makes everybody else's life easier around him, yet the Bluemoon Boo Boys seem to believe that that's entirely false because he had a bad first season in an entirely new club, after leaving the only one he's ever been at.

Brighton???????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.