Barry on ice

Dirak said:
First of all I would like to say hi to everyone, I am not new here, but because of my poor english I hadn't decided to post yet, but reading few hours a day, kind a addiction. I am from Poland (exactly from Poznań ;) ) and I am supporting City for few years now as my family lives in Manchester and I got long time ago Anelka's shirt from uncle

Anyway, refering to the topic, I think Gareth Barry is one of the most valuable puzzles in Bobby's jigsaw. As for holding mids we have 3 different players, and any of them has something to offer, and it's Bobby's headache to choose perfect combination:

1. De Jong is one of the most mobile DMs I ever saw, everytime I watch game, and I think "there should come tackle" out of nowhere comes De Jong and makes it. Altough his short passing is really good, and he is calm on danger situations, but he has almost no long range pass ability. He is good in games when we will be put under pressure and then he is world's best. He becomes tank and cleans everything in front of box

2. Barry is more kind of deep-lying playmaker kind of DM. Lacks pace, doesn't put as many tackles, but the way he set-up goals is amazing, like in this pre season when he set goals just from the middle of the park. He covers quite a lot of ground, but his main ability is his short and long range passing. He offers good shots from distance so also can be relied on when you need goals. Whem we dominate the game Barry is one of the most reliable players, creating, scoring, and marking; when we are under pressure I am sometimes in nerves, and prefers De Jong then.

3. Yaya for me is similar to Barry with the difference, that he covers more ground, but also sometimes lacks slide tacke. Has better short pass than Barry, but also weaker long one. Good finisher, way better than Barry, but what is remarkable he has no distance shots in him, or this are poor. What is special about him that are his runs, which are problem for every defence, and set up goals perfectly.

I wouldn't say Barry is world beater because it isn't true, but is decent DM and would be crucial to our succes this year, with our current system which is more 4-2-3-1 because of our attack power, Mancini will have to choose only 2 of our DMs, and adding Milner to this mix who isn't DM but can play as one offering speed and work-rate, and now Owen Hergraves, he will have players to choose from. For lesser teams I would stick with Barry-Yaya midfield, which while quite good defending can offer us real creativity from back. Better teams, if Bobby deicides to put 3 man's midfield I will use 3 of them leaing Milner on the bench, but if we will go with 4-2-3-1, I would stick with De Jong and Yaya because of De Jong's mobility and Yaya's speed and ground covering, and also Yaya is more reliable with his performances, while Barry is sometimes make mistakes when pressed.

Sorry for my english I hope it is quite understendable, that are my thoughs about Barry and our other DMs, you can argue with this if you want, it's not based on few games or so, but based also on whole last sesson which I saw every game from.

Dirak

This.

Great post man, keep it up.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:22 am --<br /><br />
Dirak said:
First of all I would like to say hi to everyone, I am not new here, but because of my poor english I hadn't decided to post yet, but reading few hours a day, kind a addiction. I am from Poland (exactly from Poznań ;) ) and I am supporting City for few years now as my family lives in Manchester and I got long time ago Anelka's shirt from uncle

Anyway, refering to the topic, I think Gareth Barry is one of the most valuable puzzles in Bobby's jigsaw. As for holding mids we have 3 different players, and any of them has something to offer, and it's Bobby's headache to choose perfect combination:

1. De Jong is one of the most mobile DMs I ever saw, everytime I watch game, and I think "there should come tackle" out of nowhere comes De Jong and makes it. Altough his short passing is really good, and he is calm on danger situations, but he has almost no long range pass ability. He is good in games when we will be put under pressure and then he is world's best. He becomes tank and cleans everything in front of box

2. Barry is more kind of deep-lying playmaker kind of DM. Lacks pace, doesn't put as many tackles, but the way he set-up goals is amazing, like in this pre season when he set goals just from the middle of the park. He covers quite a lot of ground, but his main ability is his short and long range passing. He offers good shots from distance so also can be relied on when you need goals. Whem we dominate the game Barry is one of the most reliable players, creating, scoring, and marking; when we are under pressure I am sometimes in nerves, and prefers De Jong then.

3. Yaya for me is similar to Barry with the difference, that he covers more ground, but also sometimes lacks slide tacke. Has better short pass than Barry, but also weaker long one. Good finisher, way better than Barry, but what is remarkable he has no distance shots in him, or this are poor. What is special about him that are his runs, which are problem for every defence, and set up goals perfectly.

I wouldn't say Barry is world beater because it isn't true, but is decent DM and would be crucial to our succes this year, with our current system which is more 4-2-3-1 because of our attack power, Mancini will have to choose only 2 of our DMs, and adding Milner to this mix who isn't DM but can play as one offering speed and work-rate, and now Owen Hergraves, he will have players to choose from. For lesser teams I would stick with Barry-Yaya midfield, which while quite good defending can offer us real creativity from back. Better teams, if Bobby deicides to put 3 man's midfield I will use 3 of them leaing Milner on the bench, but if we will go with 4-2-3-1, I would stick with De Jong and Yaya because of De Jong's mobility and Yaya's speed and ground covering, and also Yaya is more reliable with his performances, while Barry is sometimes make mistakes when pressed.

Sorry for my english I hope it is quite understendable, that are my thoughs about Barry and our other DMs, you can argue with this if you want, it's not based on few games or so, but based also on whole last sesson which I saw every game from.

Dirak

This.

Great post man, keep it up.

nazdarovya Dirak, or cesc (however you spell it)

(My ex is half polish half swedish)

We should have a few zywiez some time mate :D

If your mum cooks mielone well i am your new best friend, less rice more pork :D

My fav polish food nomnomnom then again if your mum does Pierogi fried after its boiled with polish bacon then i would be torn between the 2 :D

Kielbasa <3 also hehe

I think he had a bad pre-season last year. He played through injury at the world cup and ended up a scapegoat, worn out, demoralised, having sacrificed his fitness and preparation for the season ahead.

He was approaching 'astonishing' in the first half against Spurs.

On the one hand, he is now doing everything I ever criticised him for not doing; scoring, generally taking far fewer touches, reading the game far quicker, starting every match well, dictating the play. And by reading the play so quickly and being so decisive, he's more or less completely cut out the free kicks five yards outside our area. Now he looks positively pissed of when Lescott or Kompany commit a clumsy foul in his zone. Mostly because they've jumped through him as well. This year he's on the spot, tight on his man, ready to deal with it when he takes down the ball, and they're blowing it.

On the other, I'm a little cautious, because the two midfields he and Yaya have faced were abject. And I always suspected Barry was the guy who played well when the team played well.

As a senior player, and because of his mix of skills, experience and the position he plays, I feel very strongly that he has to be a leader and instigator, the guy who knows what's required at any one moment, be it safety or creativity... someone who never plays his team mates into danger, who spots problems before they happen, rather than someone who has to be told what to do, where to go.

Right now, he looks every inch that man, so hats off.

TCIB said:
nazdarovya Dirak, or cesc (however you spell it)

(My ex is half polish half swedish)

We should have a few zywiez some time mate :D

If your mum cooks mielone well i am your new best friend, less rice more pork :D

My fav polish food nomnomnom then again if your mum does Pierogi fried after its boiled with polish bacon then i would be torn between the 2 :D

Kielbasa <3 also hehe

Haha spot on mate, polish food is known as one of the more tasty in the world, but in the same time we use so much oil, so it helps to get fat easily xD

As for the words you mentioned "na zdrowie" "cześć" "żywiec"-if you meant that beer, but żywiec is poor we have some better ones :P
I would like to finnaly see City live (I saw them in Poznan when played Lech). Is it hard to buy ticket for some game in the middle of the sesson ? If I will manage time and money to travel to Manchester, then I can bring few great polish beers or vodka, and we can have some talk before or after game, for exmple talk about Barry as reffering to topic :P

Cheers guys and thanks for Your welcome, I will try my best to keep my posts on highest possible level. :)

Dirak said:

Dirak

Your English is fine mate, no problem understanding your post :)

It's a good analysis of what each of the midfielders contribute, I don't disagree with any of it.

You tube highlights of players are shit to go on. You can show all his good moments. You rarely see a highlights package on any player about his poor points on you tube. How great did Samaras look on you tube in the past.

leighton said:
You tube highlights of players are shit to go on. You can show all his good moments. You rarely see a highlights package on any player about his poor points on you tube. How great did Samaras look on you tube in the past.
The highlights, or match compilation as a better word, that I do include everything, including mistakes. If you watch the one against Spurs, tell me that he had a bad game.

The highlights you're referring to that misportray a player are the ones with little clips and snippets all from all sorts of matches where they did well.

jjeangi said:
leighton said:
The highlights, or match compilation as a better word, that I do include everything, including mistakes. If you watch the one against Spurs, tell me that he had a bad game.

The highlights you're referring to that misportray a player are the ones with little clips and snippets all from all sorts of matches where they did well.
johnmc said:
leighton said:
You rarely see a highlights package on any player about his poor points on you tube.

So in your eyes Barry was poor against Spurs

I never said he had a poor game against Spurs. He has started the season like he always does well. Saying that he can never build on his start to the season and goes to Mr Average with 1 good game in every 5 games or more. He has proved that here since he has come. My views on a player.

jjeangi said:
Barry is suuuuuch a waste of space. Not. Watch enjoy and eat your words, haters. :)

[flash=544,306]http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/xksho7&enableApi=1&player.setPlaybackQuality(hq):Void[/flash]

quality video cheers for that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.