Barry the new Richard Dunne

Akira said:
Garcia was the one who was shite, not Barry.

You could separate the two ?????

Garcia is clearly no centre back , and definetely looks out of his depth at times in this league ..... and quite what Barry was up to is anyones guess , that own goal should have been avoided , and he also played us into trouble for their opening goal ... but I suppose you could also argue than maybe Zabalata shouldn't have been so far upfield at that point.

Astley Lad said:
Barry's been one of our most consistent players over the last 2 seasons. Not time to start slagging him off because of a couple of bad games.

Are you saying that he's above criticism?

He's had a good year so far & the thread name is just stupid, but something about last night just didn't seem right. I mean there's bad, and then there's so bad that it just looks like its done purposely.

Astley Lad said:
Barry's been one of our most consistent players over the last 2 seasons. Not time to start slagging him off because of a couple of bad games.

You mean consistent at being a shit player in the Premiership? If so, I totaly agree.

50mmo3.jpg

Train said:
Akira said:

tumblr_lu5bhxVO7J1qhlnz2.png
No, I'm not fucking kidding you.

As much as Barry made a giant mistake, the 3 goals all resulted in Garcia being slow on the turn and slow reaction.

Barry will never be a player that can carry a team, and if the others around him don't do their damn job, then Barry turns shit altogether.

However, the last match was easy to put the blame on anyone. Garcia was poor in defending, Hart made a blunder, Barry nailed the coffin, but you can't spare the entire team for a wholly disinterested performance.

The more I look at that own goal , the more i think that Garcia should have made much more of an affort to stop it even reaching Gareth Barry ...... he just appears to put in a half hearted effort , turns sideways , and just watches the cross fly past him !

dobobobo said:
Astley Lad said:

You mean consistent at being a shit player in the Premiership? If so, I totaly agree.

50mmo3.jpg
How long have you been watching Barry? Or City even? Any sane City fan I know who watches City since Barry was here would tell you that Barry has always been Mr. Consistent.

A shit player's Arshavin, not Barry.

Re: Barry the new Richard Dunn

Whitworth Park said:
mcfc2607 said:
Muppet. Barry has been one of our best players since the takeover and one of the best this season. yes he played wank today but so did everybody else.
Barry is quality Shame on you for not seeing it. And everyone else for that matter.
Does my tits in, everyone slagging Barry all the time. You either don't watch football or your stupid.

And it's Dunne not Dunn.

Hey mate , I bet I have seen more City away games than you have home.
Well you must watch them with your fucking eyes shut if you think Barry is over-rated. Yes he had a terrible game yesterday but the new Richard Dunne? Jesus H Christ.

black mamba said:
The more I look at that own goal , the more i think that Garcia should have made much more of an affort to stop it even reaching Gareth Barry ...... he just appears to turn sideways and watch the cross fly past him !

I agree, he is moving exactly like I an attacking player would, lost his man and begging for the pass so he can bang the ball into the back of the net.

Barry and Garcia can both get to fuck.

Akira said:
Train said:
Akira said:

tumblr_lu5bhxVO7J1qhlnz2.png
No, I'm not fucking kidding you.

As much as Barry made a giant mistake, the 3 goals all resulted in Garcia being slow on the turn and slow reaction.

Barry will never be a player that can carry a team, and if the others around him don't do their damn job, then Barry turns shit altogether.

However, the last match was easy to put the blame on anyone. Garcia was poor in defending, Hart made a blunder, Barry nailed the coffin, but you can't spare the entire team for a wholly disinterested performance.

They were both bad. But to alleviate the responsibility from Barry for the goals is just wrong.

black mamba said:
Akira said:

You could separate the two ?????

Garcia is clearly no centre back , and definetely looks out of his depth at times in this league ..... and quite what Barry was up to is anyones guess , that own goal should have been avoided , and he also played us into trouble for their opening goal ... but I suppose you could also argue than maybe Zabalata shouldn't have been so far upfield at that point.
I understand where you're coming from. But I don't agree with the sentiments that Barry is a shite player. Any watching City for long periods would have known Barry is a lynchpin in the midfield holding the shit together when every other fan here was either saying "Yaya is not defending" or praising Yaya for scoring.

Barry is certainly no world class player. But I have seen enough of Barry to know he's not a shite player, on the other hand, I have seen just about enough of Garcia to be able to currently label him as a shite player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.