Barry to Everton?

stony said:
Kun Aguero said:
Just had a look at an Everton forum.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/56147-The-summer-2013-Everton-transfer-rumourZ-thread/page832" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threa ... ad/page832</a>

Apparently he's "REALLY FUCKING SHIT"

The. Mind. Boggles.

I wouldn't worry about anything they say on that forum, it's full oafish halfwits. Check out their "Top ten biggest clubs in England" thread. Most of them still think they are the 4th biggest club in the country and some of them go so far as saying only the rags and Liverpool are bigger than them.

I wouldn't know where to begin, would you go off attendance,trophies won,how rich a club is and how far back in time do you go?
Would be interesting to see how our fans see a top 10.

BigOscar said:
Very rarely hits a 70 yard hopeful diagonal and doesn't score any from 30 yards, so I'm not sure what his purpose in a midfield is. Would bea great signing for Everton and would thrive under Martinez

Intercepting the ball and passing to our more creative players.

dont think they will buy him, if felliani goes i can only see mcarthy of wigan going there, if not why would they buy barry

Kun Aguero said:
BigOscar said:
Very rarely hits a 70 yard hopeful diagonal and doesn't score any from 30 yards, so I'm not sure what his purpose in a midfield is. Would bea great signing for Everton and would thrive under Martinez

......and using his body position to win balls he has no right to. Not the most gifted player but a great pro. Anyone who doesn't appreciate the job he's done for us hasn't played the game or been watching it long enough......

Kun Aguero said:
BigOscar said:

Nah, doesn't sound important, you'll never get on MotD by just being really hepful for the team, you need to kick it really far, "get stuck in" or go on a mazy dribble which ultimately leads to you losing possession. Does he even go box to box? In all seriousness, Barry is one of about 3 midfielders from the entire country of England who actually knows how to play a position in midfield. Possibly Englands most tactically aware midfielder and would be a great assett to whoever gets him, even if he isn't as fast as Mesut Ozil

bluemoon73 said:
stony said:
Kun Aguero said:
Just had a look at an Everton forum.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/56147-The-summer-2013-Everton-transfer-rumourZ-thread/page832" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threa ... ad/page832</a>

Apparently he's "REALLY FUCKING SHIT"

The. Mind. Boggles.

I wouldn't worry about anything they say on that forum, it's full oafish halfwits. Check out their "Top ten biggest clubs in England" thread. Most of them still think they are the 4th biggest club in the country and some of them go so far as saying only the rags and Liverpool are bigger than them.

I wouldn't know where to begin, would you go off attendance,trophies won,how rich a club is and how far back in time do you go?
Would be interesting to see how our fans see a top 10.

It's a stupid and pointless debate. The only fans that go on about shit like this are the ones who's clubs have hit barren runs or hard times.
The only thing that matters is what your club is doing now and what it's doing for the future. Clubs like Everton who have voted for ffp had better get used to living in the past because at the moment their future looks bleak,

Not sure a move to Everton would be good for him. It looks like Martinez will change their style away from the up and at 'em style of Moyes, which he would definitely not be suited to. But he could find himself the scapegoat taking the blame for a team in transition between two different styles of play.

Arsenal would be a much better move for him. But unfortunately most fans of other clubs don't rate him. Wherever he goes he's not going to be a popular signing.

Probs get pelters for this but he's been in the top 3 of performers imo. The ultimate unsung hero, suspect those slating him just don't really get the game. What he lacks in pace he makes up for in footballing intelligence. De Jong went because after he would brake up play he didn't know what to do with the ball, Barry does. Tidy up and set up an attack. Sounds simple but many players fail in this position. If Barry does go then good luck to him and thanks for everything, a model pro.

BigOscar said:
His purpose in midfield?!!!
He carried Yaya half of last season.
I'd be v sorry to see him go. Plus, you need an English quota don't you??

Phil Meup said:
BigOscar said:
His purpose in midfield?!!!
He carried Yaya half of last season.
I'd be v sorry to see him go. Plus, you need an English quota don't you??

Why would BigOscar need an English quota?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.