Barry's Excellence

I completely agree, definitely one of our unsung heroes. I feel Barry, who has always put sweat on the shirt for the blues, is definitely in the form of his life. I think that this is also connected to how far Milner has improved this season and it seems as soon as one has a great game, the other thinks, well I can do that as well and maybe even better. I really feel we have the 2 best English midfielders in the premiership at the moment; long may it continue.

He's a great player and I've said it before you can really tell when he's not on the pitch, I love that he gets his head down and constantly is making everywhere safer for the rest of the players to be able to express themselves. I was so happy when he scored against Bolton as it finnaly got him some well deserved credit :D

The 'problem' I think is that he normally drops back to let a defender go forward, which is fantastic for our team but not for his own image. People like players who get forward and involved so really the fact he's so unselfish and works for the team means people reckon he doesn't do much, when you watch him week in and week out you can start to truely understand what he brings to a team and what Mancini and Capello see in him.

MC ID said:
He's a great player and I've said it before you can really tell when he's not on the pitch, I love that he gets his head down and constantly is making everywhere safer for the rest of the players to be able to express themselves. I was so happy when he scored against Bolton as it finnaly got him some well deserved credit :D

The 'problem' I think is that he normally drops back to let a defender go forward, which is fantastic for our team but not for his own image. People like players who get forward and involved so really the fact he's so unselfish and works for the team means people reckon he doesn't do much, when you watch him week in and week out you can start to truely understand what he brings to a team and what Mancini and Capello see in him.

there`s something going wrong with this forum. it just doesnt feel right when we`re all praising our own players. there usually some dumb cunts slagging off balotelli or dzeko etc etc

Barry has been absolutely outstanding this season. A pillar of strength and reliability. Just the occasional sloppy pass (one last night like the one against Bayern in the 1st leg) but apart from that, exceptional.

I 'heard' recently that contrary to his soft/mild mannered persona off the pitch (in interviews etc), he is quite an in your face/aggressive type character not afraid to face up team mates in the dressing room if he feels they are under performing.

How true this is I don't know but, did anyone notice how he set about Charlie Adams at Anfield recently when Adams was in the refs face waving the imaginary red card to get Balotelli sent off, after Skirtel had gone down like he had been shot in the face?

The midfield blend this year with the solidity of Barry and the genius of Silva is a joy to behold.

The great thing about Barry is that he can play in this capacity well into his mid 30's. I hope he retires with City.

r.soleofsalford said:
MC ID said:

there`s something going wrong with this forum. it just doesnt feel right when we`re all praising our own players. there usually some dumb cunts slagging off balotelli or dzeko etc etc

Er... I don't like Yaya. There I said it, happy?

couldn't agree more..

Did anyone notice how the first half Toure was picking the ball up from the centre halves and it not really going anywhere except backwards and forwards between them, often silva and nasri had to come deep to get the moves going

the difference in the second half was marked when Barry started the moves off by dropping deeper, like you say he was acting as the deeper lying playmaker and pinging the ball into the attacking players feet

blue order said:
Barry has been absolutely outstanding this season. A pillar of strength and reliability. Just the occasional sloppy pass (one last night like the one against Bayern in the 1st leg) but apart from that, exceptional.

I 'heard' recently that contrary to his soft/mild mannered persona off the pitch (in interviews etc), he is quite an in your face/aggressive type character not afraid to face up team mates in the dressing room if he feels they are under performing.

How true this is I don't know but, did anyone notice how he set about Charlie Adams at Anfield recently when Adams was in the refs face waving the imaginary red card to get Balotelli sent off, after Skirtel had gone down like he had been shot in the face?

The midfield blend this year with the solidity of Barry and the genius of Silva is a joy to behold.

Yeah, saw that too. Adams was being a complete d*ckhead and Barry came in his face and was basically telling him to "f*ck off"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.