bars in manchester

Nice to see so many old heads remember Corbieres and Brannigans. Bars which are literally underground, with no windows or natural light are inherently better than the pine, chrome and haircut ponce palaces which now sadly dominate this city. Only the Temple keeps the vibe alive, former dodgy public toilets off Oxford Road. Great bar

lee-mcfc said:
Blumers Bloomers said:
Best heading for the Northern Quarter, Walrus

Printworks - no unless you're a Chav

Branigans in the Royal Exchange - brilliant memories, downed many a cider and black in there back in the underage drinking days. Then onto Discoteque Royales!

people who i know ( and me ) sometimes go there and were no chavs

Difficult to describe places without making sweeping generalisations, from my experience the majority there are twats, the musics shite, the drinks are expensive and the bouncers are even bigger dickheads than elsewhere, each to there own though.

without a dream said:
lee-mcfc said:
people who i know ( and me ) sometimes go there and were no chavs

Difficult to describe places without making sweeping generalisations, from my experience the majority there are twats, the musics shite, the drinks are expensive and the bouncers are even bigger dickheads than elsewhere, each to there own though.

ha okk then fair enough. but the drinks arnt expensive in the clubs in printworks anyways

Lee, most of us are the same age as your dad. If I was your age, I'd be wrecking slags in the works as well? It's a generation thing, no need to defend yourself. We're jealous of your youth!

LongsightM13 said:
Lee, most of us are the same age as your dad. If I was your age, I'd be wrecking slags in the works as well? It's a generation thing, no need to defend yourself. We're jealous of your youth!

ha i dont know my dad but i get the gist of what your saying though:P

LongsightM13 said:
Nice to see so many old heads remember Corbieres and Brannigans. Bars which are literally underground, with no windows or natural light are inherently better than the pine, chrome and haircut ponce palaces which now sadly dominate this city. Only the Temple keeps the vibe alive, former dodgy public toilets off Oxford Road. Great bar

Precinct 13 ( pre-South ) , Cyprus Tavern , Rotters , Thunderdome , Konspiracy , Venue , no.1 , Cellar Vie , Hac , Brahms & Lizt , Isadoras , Devilles , 42nd St , Pips , Band On The Wall .

Plenty a top night out to be had on most nights of the week ;-)

Mojo is by far and away the best spot in town. Couple of jars in the Northern Quarter before hand.

Stuart said:
LongsightM13 said:
Precinct 13 ( pre-South ) , Cyprus Tavern , Rotters , Thunderdome , Konspiracy , Venue , no.1 , Cellar Vie , Hac , Brahms & Lizt , Isadoras , Devilles , 42nd St , Pips , Band On The Wall . Plenty a top night out to be had on most nights of the week ;-)
Great names, Stu. You must be around 'the fourth floor' as well. One place your forgot though, the Conti. Nurses night on a Tuesday. Happy days!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.