Bars in Northern Quarter or Ancoats before game for this Saturday?

That Pie and Mash or Pie and Ale is it? Anyway they’ll have all the sport on.

Normally all the tables with a decent view of the teles get pre booked though, so will probably be pretty busy.
Yeah, thought about there, been a couple of times before.

Not many show football in the NQ, there’s Tib St Tavern or Second City in Ancoats square

I've thought for a while now that there aren't many places to watch football in the City Centre, without needing to book in advance and pay a deposit.

When people from outside Manchester ask me for recommendations for somewhere to watch, there is no one place that springs to mind where you can just walk in and watch a game. Remember Sports Bar on Quay Street? Shame that place closed - was a bit of a dump, but huge and never needed to book.

The only dedicated sports bars in town now are:

Directors Box, which I really like and has a good choice of beers but is very small so lucky to be able to book a table if there is a major event on.

The Box, on Deansgate, is huge - but you always need to book, or you'll just keep getting moved along when people who have booked the table you're sat at turn up. I recall having to move tables 3 times in the first half of the Arsenal v Bournemouth game last season, when I was just waiting for my mates to turn up.

And the Sports Bar in the Basement of Bierkeller in Printworks is decent, but can't remember if you have to book in there. Not been for a while.

To answer the OP's question - the nearest of those ^^ to NQ is going to be Bierkeller in the Printworks!

There’s two bud
From Shudehull to Newton Street is the Northern Quarter, from Newton Street to Piccadilly Station and the Met line running NW from it is Piccadilly Basin.

That Crown & Anchor is in Piccadilly Basin, the other one is over near Shambles Square.

I've thought for a while now that there aren't many places to watch football in the City Centre, without needing to book in advance and pay a deposit.

When people from outside Manchester ask me for recommendations for somewhere to watch, there is no one place that springs to mind where you can just walk in and watch a game. Remember Sports Bar on Quay Street? Shame that place closed - was a bit of a dump, but huge and never needed to book.

The only dedicated sports bars in town now are:

Directors Box, which I really like and has a good choice of beers but is very small so lucky to be able to book a table if there is a major event on.

The Box, on Deansgate, is huge - but you always need to book, or you'll just keep getting moved along when people who have booked the table you're sat at turn up. I recall having to move tables 3 times in the first half of the Arsenal v Bournemouth game last season, when I was just waiting for my mates to turn up.

And the Sports Bar in the Basement of Bierkeller in Printworks is decent, but can't remember if you have to book in there. Not been for a while.

To answer the OP's question - the nearest of those ^^ to NQ is going to be Bierkeller in the Printworks!
The Waldorf, Ape and Apple, Crown and Anchor, Mulligans. All normal pubs you can just walk in and watch a match.

To watch the game or just for a pint?

Loads of bars on:

Cutting Room Square
Swan St
Oldham St
Edge St
Stevenson Sq
Thomas St
Hilton St

If you want craft ale/beer

The New Cross
Fringe
Crowne and Kettle
Pelican
Port St Beerhouse

If you want to watch the game

Calcio NQ
Shack
Pie and Ale

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.