Bars in Valencia for watching games

Thanks for the heads up mate. I'm going to make a note of all that.
I did have Finnegans listed but it does appear to be closed.
I do have 'Saint Martins' on my drinking list but wasn't sure if it had screens or not. I will bear in mind what you said.
Thanks again!
I’ve done all of what he said too. The Valenbici bikes are brilliant and widely available to hire. The Turia park is one of the wonders of the world for me and when you cycle past the City of Arts and Sciences buildings you’ll be blown away. St Martins was my favoured bar as it’s quieter and smaller. But what a fabulous city Valencia is - right at the top of the great European cities. Enjoy it mate.

I’ve done all of what he said too. The Valenbici bikes are brilliant and widely available to hire. The Turia park is one of the wonders of the world for me and when you cycle past the City of Arts and Sciences buildings you’ll be blown away. St Martins was my favoured bar as it’s quieter and smaller. But what a fabulous city Valencia is - right at the top of the great European cities. Enjoy it mate.
I run regularly down the river and, like you say, the city of arts and science blows me away every time, even after 7 years of living here. I'm at the other end near the zoo but it's an amazing run or bike ride from one end to the other (about 9km end to end). Loads going on, plenty to see and really safe.

I run regularly down the river and, like you say, the city of arts and science blows me away every time, even after 7 years of living here. I'm at the other end near the zoo but it's an amazing run or bike ride from one end to the other (about 9km end to end). Loads going on, plenty to see and really safe.
You’re very lucky to be living there. I used to run every day towards your end but I’d turn around at the athletics track and head back to the Pont del Real bridge where I started, a perfect 5km.
Given me the urge to revisit soon, practise my Spanish, cycle, run, walk, eat paella, drink a nice cold horchata and a few Valencian Oranges.

We stayed in Valencia the night before the game when we played Villareal a few years back. Watched the previous night's game in a bar like your No.1 bar. As you say, barely a word of English was spoken but we had a laugh and managed to get by.

It's a British thing but I prefer to avoid a British bar when I go away on the basis I could have stayed at home for one of those. When in Rome and all that ;-)
I don’t get people who seek out,eg, English food when abroad. A bar for football is ok but otherwise go local, that’s what youre there for.

You’re very lucky to be living there. I used to run every day towards your end but I’d turn around at the athletics track and head back to the Pont del Real bridge where I started, a perfect 5km.
Given me the urge to revisit soon, practise my Spanish, cycle, run, walk, eat paella, drink a nice cold horchata and a few Valencian Oranges.
Yep, great city both to visit and live in. Got a bit of everything with the city, parks and beaches. The only thing I miss about Manchester is City.

Lads I’m off to Valencia with Mrs Tot in October. Can you recommend a paella restaurant please ? Any other golden nuggets welcome?
Wife just informed me we have a paella booked for Sunday lunchtime at La Paz

Last edited:
Now Im in a british bar here in Barcelona.

Street Benavent 7, very close to Camp Nou. If Barça and City are matched in this Champions is your option.

20220820_175944.jpg

The 3 british guys who handle the bar are very very nice, and very humble.

They have "spanish prices". A coffee with ice just 1.80 euros. Because most of british pubs in Spain cheat you with "british prices" (most expensive). A coffe in Spain is not 4 euros, it is 1. something. A beer is not 5, is 2.

Excellent mate, it sounds like you had a great time. Can't wait now.

Now Im in a british bar here in Barcelona.

Street Benavent 7, very close to Camp Nou. If Barça and City are matched in this Champions is your option.

View attachment 53357

The 3 british guys who handle the bar are very very nice, and very humble.

They have "spanish prices". A coffee with ice just 1.80 euros. Because most of british pubs in Spain cheat you with "british prices" (most expensive). A coffe in Spain is not 4 euros, it is 1. something. A beer is not 5, is 2.
Not every where in Spain, but I do get your point . I go to Nerja and they give to a free tapas with every drink, coke , Cana ( small beer ) , wine ect . A small beer is about 1.8 euro with a tapas is brilliant value

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.