Bars in Valencia for watching games

I don’t get people who seek out,eg, English food when abroad. A bar for football is ok but otherwise go local, that’s what youre there for.

First day of any European holiday, scope out the Irish bar, then head as far away from it as possible for the rest of the week. Always the beehive for all the pissed up Brit knobheads.

Not every where in Spain, but I do get your point . I go to Nerja and they give to a free tapas with every drink, coke , Cana ( small beer ) , wine ect . A small beer is about 1.8 euro with a tapas is brilliant value

I talk just about british pubs.

In spanish bar is like that. But british pubs use to follow british rule (no tapas, "british prices", etc).

This summer inaugurated in Ramblas the Old Irish Pub.

Ramblas is main and typical street.

It's a spanish concept mixed with english concept.

A dance floor wich is main attraction with hot music and all oriented to flirt girls.

Bristh guys go out partying just to enjoy with friends, football and beer. Spanish guys go out parking to flirt girls. Our culture is "dependent of women", and you can feel this shit inside.

90% of City fans will go there if Barça plays VS City.

20211024_182127.jpg2021-10-28.jpg
2021-10-31.jpg

Attachments

• 2021-10-31.jpg
    2021-10-31.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 4
Yeah, stay well away from the Liverpool bar. Only been in once when pissed. Ended up singing a Smiths song on karaoke and doing shots with the owner (Spaniard not a scouser thankfully). The wife found me naked in our bathroom covered in sick so never been back!
Ended up sticking with St. Patrick’s, as St. Martin’s never got back to me. Plus, got the No.92 bus from the beach, which stopped almost right outside.

Got a good seat, and it was all ok, apart from oddly a sizeable number of Irish Newcastle fans who chatted shite throughout the game. If City had managed a winner it would’ve been sweet, but it wasn’t to be.

Really enjoyed our time here, probably helped by the fact that the Mrs is a native speaker (Latin America), the kids are fairly fluent, and I can get by. Didn’t know Valencia also has a separate language, which was a bit confusing at first.

Found the public transport great value and very prompt (8 Euros for 10 trips, no matter the length - amazing!). This was essential for us, as we were staying with friends in Benicalap, on the edge of the city.

Ended up sticking with St. Patrick’s, as St. Martin’s never got back to me. Plus, got the No.92 bus from the beach, which stopped almost right outside.

Got a good seat, and it was all ok, apart from oddly a sizeable number of Irish Newcastle fans who chatted shite throughout the game. If City had managed a winner it would’ve been sweet, but it wasn’t to be.

Really enjoyed our time here, probably helped by the fact that the Mrs is a native speaker (Latin America), the kids are fairly fluent, and I can get by. Didn’t know Valencia also has a separate language, which was a bit confusing at first.

Found the public transport great value and very prompt (8 Euros for 10 trips, no matter the length - amazing!). This was essential for us, as we were staying with friends in Benicalap, on the edge of the city.
Glad you enjoyed it mate.

A lot of place names and signs are in both valenciano and castellano but you'll hear a lot more valenciano in the small towns outside of Valencia as opposed to the city itself.

The metro's great for getting about and we always use it when we head into the centre.

Bump

Please can anybody help with the below?

1) Any good bar recommendations in Valencia with a decent offering of Spanish beers or with decent views

2) any good bars for watching the city game next Sunday? Will read through the thread but any additions would be welcome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.