Barton and Dabo again

Three_Hat-tricks said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-red-carpet-is-always-rolled-out-for-him.html

Joey Barton labelled 'coward' by Ousmane Dabo who wonders 'why red carpet is always rolled out for him?'
Joey Barton is looking for a fresh start with Marseille but former Manchester City team-mate, Ousmane Dabo, who was hospitalised by Barton in a training ground attack, has spoken out in the French media calling him a 'coward'.
Joey Barton labelled 'coward' by Ousmane Dabo who wonders 'why red carpet is always rolled out for him?'
Joey Barton, right, holding his new jersey next to French football club Olympique de Marseille's president Vincent Labrune Photo: AFP/Getty Images

By Telegraph Sport

2:20PM BST 03 Sep 2012

Comments1 Comment

Barton has joined Marseille on a season-long loan from QPR after being stripped of the captiancy and receiving a 12-match ban from the FA for his sending off against Manchester City at the end of last season.

The former City and Newcastle midfielder had been training with the reserves and Fleetwood Town before joining OM on loan, where he was welcomed by the fans last weekend with a banner showing the message "Welcome Sweet and Tender Hooligan", a reference to Barton's favourite band, The Smiths.

But Dabo has since hit out at Barton in French newspaper L'Equipe, accusing him of lying over the 2007 incident that saw the Frenchman hospitalised and Barton given a four-month suspended prison sentence.

"Joey Barton is lying about what happened on the training pitch at Manchester City. It is unbelievable. I am shocked."
Related Articles

Barton moves to Marseille on season-long loan
31 Aug 2012

Barton flies to France for Marseille talks
29 Aug 2012

Barton loan move to Marseille collapses
28 Aug 2012

Marseille deny Barton swap deal
17 Aug 2012

"There was a trial at the civil courts, he pleaded guilty, and got a four-months suspended prison sentence."

"When he is talking, he denies it, he stated I have started it all. It is fake. All my team-mates that were present during the attack gave evidence for me during the trial."

"He tackled me, I replied by tackling him too. We found ourselves face-to-face. I had no intention to fight."

"I jostled him, but I didn't hit him. So I turned back and then he struck me to the side of the head. I lost consciousness and, being on the ground, he jumped at me and went on hitting me in the face about 10 times."

"He says he is a man, a bad boy, but he is just a coward. I don't want to give my truth, but the truth. Once again there was a trial."

Dabo went on to talk about Barton's fall-out at Queens Park Rangers, stating that "no one wanted him in England, which is his own country, that means there is probably a reason."

"He didn't act that way just once. When he gave a knee blow to (Sergio) Aguero, he did it in his back again. I don't call that a man," said Dabo.

"He is nasty, a traitor. Sometimes I feel people roll out the red carpet for him. So I talk to remind people Joey Barton is a very violent player, far away from the image he tries to give since he joined Marseille. It wears me out to talk again about that story five years later."

Don't they know he's called Joe now :)

He is a thug who will be first with the sucker punch as he was in his last game for QPR!
Dabo was bobbins but nobody deserves that kind of kicking in training.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.