Barton: Anyone could manage Man City to success

bluelol

Barton: Anyone could manage Man City to success

By Paul O'Meara
Sunday 13 November 2011

Joey Barton has attempted to downplay Roberto Mancini’s achievements at Manchester City by saying anyone could manage the mega-rich Sky Blues, the Daily Star report.

Barton’s former club have won the FA Cup, qualified for the Champions League and are leading this season’s Premier League campaign but the QPR captain believes there are bigger challenges in football than the one facing Mancini.

The midfielder said: “He’s done well – but I think you could have done that job with that amount of money!

“For me, the test of a manager is not managing Man City but managing a Birmingham or Nottingham Forest – a club that doesn’t have a great deal of finance,” he continued. “That’s when you find out who the true managers really are.”

Prick

Must be a slow news week, Barton said this last week in a tv interview.

Yet how many times have we heard or read that spending big money doesn't buy a team and team spirit, plus we're always hearing that Mancini will earn his money managing all those superstar egos

Anyway, thanks Joey

Are we a tad bitter Joey?

Due to the fact that we've got money Mancini is probably one of the most under-pressure managers in the world.

As long as the Birmingham manager finishes in the play offs of the Championship and beats a couple of local rivals along the way then he's a good manager. For Mancini the standard is much much higher.

There is no comparison to be made.

salfordblues said:

Due to the fact that we've got money Mancini is probably one of the most under-pressure managers in the world.

As long as the Birmingham manager finishes in the play offs of the Championship and beats a couple of local rivals along the way then he's a good manager. For Mancini the standard is much much higher.

Think the sign of a good manager would be being able to manage this twat

Robbiejd said:
salfordblues said:

Think the sign of a good manager would be being able to manage this twat

He would have managed him by showing him the exit.

I must admit Barton is really working his braincell recently.

Easy blues, after I read the whole thing, I didnt think it was anything more than a tongue in cheek comment. He followed up with this -

"After what we’ve seen them do at Old Trafford, it would take a brave man to bet against City.

I was watching that game with United, who are a fantastic ­football side, who won the Premier League and reached the Champions League Final last season – and I’m thinking the power has turned.

Who from the United side would get into the City side? Maybe two or three of them."

Hes a twat (for many other reasons) but this is typical press spin on an innocuous comment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.