Barton (merged)

weve lost vieira, we need another midfielder... im not saying bartons the answer but heres a few pluses for him:

1. He was a decent player last year, one of the best english midfielders in the league.
2. Wherever hes been hes been commited to the club and the shirt.
3. Hes an academy graduate and home grown (good for the quota for both pl and cl)
4. Im sure everyone has a soft spot for the old academy lads, onuoha, ireland etc.

Good player shame he never managed to get his act together. Arsenal should sign him. Exactly what they need someone that gives a shit.

He would never get in our squad these days.

No way he could come back here, just could never see it working out after everything that has gone in the past. Would be interesting to see him and Barry though in the dressing room after his comments about him. Also, would he want him and Balotelli in the same squad?

He's not as good as what we have, and would not start over Yaya, De Jong, Milner, and probably Barry, although some might argue against Barry starting over him. He'd be a reasonable backup option but I doubt he'd be the sort of person to go anywhere to sit on the bench, especially City.

I'd also have a lot of doubts over how he'd get on with Mancini, considering what Barton is like and how Mancini has fared getting on with some other players, mainly Bellamy.

I think his baggage would put some clubs off him, but, having said that, he seems to have behaved quite well reasonably, and his desire to win cannot be questioned.

I really doubt he'd end up at Arsenal, he's not a Wenger type signing and may struggle to fit in there. Can't really see him at Chelsea, although he would add valuable depth in Essien's absence so I wouldn't rule it out completely. Liverpool don't really need anybody else in that position, especially considering they've just signed Henderson and Adam, although Joey would probably quite relish the idea of linking up with Gerrard.

As for United, I could see him doing very well under Fergie and as we know, United do want a player in his position. But then again, on the other hand, what would the reaction be to an ex-City player, and not just any ex City player, but one with the reputation Joey has? Although I could see Fergie seeing past that and if he thinks he's good enough, I reckon he'd bring him in.
But, United have been linked with Sneijder, Modric and Nasri to replace Scholes. Barton is not the same type of midfielder as any of those 3, which would indicate he isn't quite what they would want, he's nowhere near as creative as those 3.

Villa and Tottenham could also have a very good chance of signing him, although it would be interesting to see how highly people percieve Villa after the sales of Young and Downing, are they realistic contenders to play in Europe still? Because that is probably something which Joey will strongly want, he's not going to want to join a similar club to Newcastle.

But yeah, he's going to be an absolutely great signing for someone on a free. But defintely not here.

Re: Joey Barton worth a punt??

danny123 said:
Barton, Silva, De Jong, Yaya Toure, Milner, Barry. Spot the odd one out....

Milner???? If not then Barry?? Because Barton is most definitely a better player than both!

Re: Joey Barton worth a punt??

Jonny68 said:
danny123 said:
Barton, Silva, De Jong, Yaya Toure, Milner, Barry. Spot the odd one out....

Milner???? If not then Barry?? Because Barton is most definitely a better player than both!

tumblr_lotqk08a911qbje2q.gif

barton is no way a better footballer then milner and barry, i no milner and barry are our favourite scapegoats, but they have alot more ability the joey b

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.