Battered and took apart

Under Pep
Everton & Leicester away pretty shite

However the three games we have lost conceded 4 goals
All four we’re either deflected of we got the last touch !!

Watched that game in complete admiration of the opposition, very similar to when Arsenal dismantled us at Maine Rd and got applauded off the pitch at half time , if I remember correctly Henry was untouchable.
Didn’t Henry come on as sub at 4-0 up
To a chorus of “Who the F###ing hell are you?” in true Kippax spirit

Didn’t Henry come on as sub at 4-0 up
To a chorus of “Who the F###ing hell are you?” in true Kippax spirit
Can’t remember it’s such a distant memory , all I recall is City chasing shadows , they had so many great players I’m sure most of them were untouchable

We've had a few at Anfield but quite often it's swung on a decision. Only a 1-0 loss but Villa absolutely wiped the floor with us. They were excellent but I don't know what Pep was thinking that day. Stones back from injury, playing as a DM next to Rico - we couldn't create anything meaningful and they just toyed with us.

It doesn't happen very often. Villa, as already said, pretty much toyed with us. It was a 1-0 thrashing. The 4-0 at Goodison in Pep's first season springs to mind. And Leicester dicking us 5-2 (I think?) at the emptihad is another. But did either of those two give us the chasing Villa did?
Don't seem to remember the 0-4 at Goodison being an absolute thrashing in terms of general play or created chances ?
Everything seemed to click for the Toffees. Even that blonde lad Davies (cannot remember his first name) played well.
Saying that, watched it in the pub - needed a skinful to get over it...

Yeah, the incident that is most remembered is the Milner back pass at the Etihad with Lahoz but I'd argue we got it worse at Anfield. At least two stone-wall penalties denied and if I remember correctly we got a perfectly good goal disallowed there as well. Going back to the Etihad with an away goal or two would have made all the difference in the world
Absolutely correct, but remember Salah being offside for the first. Our goal incorrectly ruled offside. At least one penalty.
Then the 2nd leg, Sane goal incorrectly ruled offside, possible penalty on Sterling by Robertson. If the ref had done his job anywhere near properly, we’d have been going in at half time 2 goals ahead on aggregate, with 2 away goals

The Chelsea fa Cup game where Pelligrini put a load of kids out. That was the last time I recall us feilding a team that was genuinely poor. We lost 5.1

• 13Caballero
  • 5Zabaleta
  • 53Tosin
  • 26DemichelisBooked at 65mins
  • 11Kolarov
  • 76Garcia Alonso
  • 75García
  • 6RegesSubstituted forHumphreys-Grantat 78'minutes
  • 59CelinaSubstituted forBarkerat 53'minutes
  • 72Iheanacho
  • 51Faupala

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.