Battered and took apart

Paul1970

When was the last time we were absolutely smashed and took apart in a game live Liverpool were today ? This season we have lost 6 points from dropping games in injury time . Cannot remember us being took to the cleaners by anyone bar maybe Villa this season

One that really sticks out to me for some reason is Wolves Away in 2019, believe it was boxing day.

Ederson sent off early, and even though we went 2 up, they absolutely battered us that 2nd half and ended up winning 3-2. We did well to hold on as long as we did!

It doesn't happen very often. Villa, as already said, pretty much toyed with us. It was a 1-0 thrashing. The 4-0 at Goodison in Pep's first season springs to mind. And Leicester dicking us 5-2 (I think?) at the emptihad is another. But did either of those two give us the chasing Villa did?
Leicester had 28% possession and we had more than double the shots they had and they had 3 penalties.

Not many times and mostly they were in the Champions League. I wouldn't say Villa took us apart this season but they did take some advantage of our lack of midfield (although it took a deflected late goal to beat us).

Last edited:
It doesn't happen very often. Villa, as already said, pretty much toyed with us. It was a 1-0 thrashing. The 4-0 at Goodison in Pep's first season springs to mind. And Leicester dicking us 5-2 (I think?) at the emptihad is another. But did either of those two give us the chasing Villa did?
Michael Oliver breaking records that day vs Leicester, 3 penalties

The 0-3 in the CL QF against Liverpool is one of few games I’ve turned off. The 1-3 at Anfield as well. Those two spring to mind, apart from that, not many times fortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.