Battered and took apart

Funny thing about the Anfield QF, it is mostly remembered as an obliteration but if you take away the odd 15 minutes they scored in we were the better side. The ref shafted us (in both legs) and if Sane didn't have his worst game in a City kit we could have easily won that one
You are perfectly right mate. And the return game was Milner’s offside goal. Horrible memories, luckily replaced with many better after that.

In terms of batterings under the Bald Genius, I remember White Hart Lane in his first season being a proper wake-up call showing that this might not be as easy for him as first imagined after his strong start. Leicester and Everton away later in the season was hard to watch as well

Under Pelle, every time we met Barcelona was basically a write-off

Best thing about Mancini was that we were usually at least competetive in the top games, but the Dortmund at home sticks out. Also I remember Southampton away in his last season as a real trashing, but memory might have changed that game a bit

Last edited:
Pellegrini put up a back 4 with Sagna, Demichelis, Mangala and someone else. Disaster. Demichelis was good for us but that game was horrendous.
Mangala and Sagna had next-level disastrous performances that day. I remember it being straight after the shootings in Paris and thinking that had something to do with it. They probably shouldn't have been on the pitch that day

Last edited:
A couple of home games v Arsenal towards the end of the Maine Road era, plus a 4-1 defeat at Upton Park in 2000-01 when Di Canio ripped us apart.
Going further back a televised 4-1 thrashing in the LC at Stamford Bridge in 84-85 or the First Half at Craven Cottage the previous season when the fans turned on the team at Half Time

There was also a period when Liverpool regularly turned us over at Maine Road.

Thankfully they're all distant memories but more recently there.havent been that many.
Nobody's mentioned the 8-1 at Boro, but I'd also go for the 3-0 defeat at Tottenham immediately prior to Hughes being dismissed
Also, everyone remembers the home leg v Hamburg but the away leg was frightening

Post takeover, the 1-1 (somehow) v Klopp's Dortmund and a couple of home games v Pep's Bayern, albeit we (somehow) won the 2nd.

Last edited:
I recall Borussia Dortmund giving City a real thrashing even though the match ended 1-1.
Ilkay Gundogan ripped us apart throughout that match. Hart managed to keep them to 1-0 until Balotelli scored a last minute penalty after handball.
That was sheer robbery, wasn't it? They absolutely schooled us that night. Joe Hart had one of those "once in a career" games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.