Battle at the Bridge

Ok. I get the fact this has no place in football. But I loved it when Ade ran the length of the pitch to celebrate that goal after taking shit for months against the Arse. A bit of natural justice. Chelsea set themselves up for the other night. Apparently Fabragas continued his snide behaviour on the pitch. Costa and his ilk at Chelsea have behaved like this for years. Chickens, roost, home, to and comming Spring to mind. Take it out of the context of a high profile match and it was great theatre, compelling and I for one was gutted they cut away to adverts at the end of the match. I wanted Spurs to score again coz Chelsea fans were being fat too smug. Rightly this will have consequences but a bit of me is impressed Spurs had it in them.

All Spurs did was bottle it and then throw their toys out the pram.

Spurs did an Arsenal. Must be something in water in North

A lot of young players lost their heads. Chelsea fans were loving the chance to rob or deny Spuds the chance of the title. Their players were also goading them all week and the spuds players should have answered with their football rather than lowering themselves to Chelsea's level. At 2-0 up they should have just taken the sting out of the game, kept the ball and wound the Chelsea players and fans up with possession football. But they lost their nerve and their heads and need to learn from that.

Same thing applies to City tonight. Spanish teams love getting the opposition players sent off. They do anything to manipulate the game and ref in their favour. We have had three players sent off in our games with Barca I believe and though the ref was excellent overall in Manchester - allowing the game to flow more often than not (and letting the defenders man handle the opposition which was good for Kompany v Bale), tonight might be different and we need to be wary of that.

Very entertaining for the neutral, but just another example of why Mark Clattenburg is one of the shittest refs in the league. How Spuds finished the game with 11 will remain a mystery.

A lot of fans love to see things like that in the match and will call it 'proper' football because that's what we're accustomed to on the whole. Most on here played football at a shite level (barring a few) and we watched football at a shite level for years so 'hard' tackles equate to passion and determination.

I, and most, don't pay top dollar to watch that. It's no longer 'proper' football at the top level. We obviously want to see commitment and hard, fair tackles when needed but we pay to watch players do what we can't as individuals mostly. That shit was akin to a Sunday league pitch and a rugby match.

Spurs weren't committed, they lost their fucking heads and paid the price as a result. If they had focussed on their 2 goal lead as much as they apparently focussed on their passion in dishing it out to Chelsea then they would still have a pop at Leicester fucking it up. Serves the cunts right.

I thought exactly the same whilst i was watching it. Spurs' actions brought the chelsea crowd and the players to life and they paid the price. If Spurs would have played their normal game I think they would have won. But they resorted straight from the off to kicking and engaging chelsea in a dirty match and it backfired spectacularly. Good.

I love a fair full blooded challenge as much as the next man but by the end it was nothing more than trying to hurt their opponent, the eye gouging and snot lobbing is for snide fannys nothing good about that.

The hatred in the stands was immense though, in an era of sanitised football it was good to see rivalry (best thing about footie for me) is still going strong.

Spurs midfielder Mousa Dembele has also been charged with an alleged act of violent conduct during the 2-2 draw.

The FA said Dembele's alleged eye-gouge on Diego Costa is more serious than a normal charge of violent conduct.That means a three-game ban "is clearly insufficient" if he is found guilty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.