Battle of the Bands Final - Beatles v Rolling Stones 217

Re: Battle of the Bands - Beach Boys v Led Zep page 7

Used to love the Beach Boys and I've never been a fan of Led Zep. Bunch of hairy arsed smellies in need of a bath.
That said, you can't deny the their influence, so it's Led Zep.

danburge82 said:
Banned Tosspot said:
danburge82 said:
The Beach Boys were good, but they never made a song as good as "Whole Lotta Love" (hardly anyone ever has!).

So Led Zeppelin wins for me.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkQpZpFLpv4[/youtube]

;)
The Small Faces covered this song too. The original is by Muddy Waters, written by Willie Dixon.

Led Zep made this song dirtier and added more lyrics and had a much better musical assembly for the track. Led Zep's "WLL" is among my favourite ever songs.
Fair enough. I think originally, Page wanted Steve Marriott of Small Faces to be in Led Zep but you can clearly see that Plant took off Marriott's vocal.

The Howlin' Wolf original is brilliant.

Led Zeppelin for me, I do like some of the Beach Boys stuff, but have heard for of Zep so I'll go with them.

How the fuck a band named after a sleep condition who then decided to bring out music that aided said condition beat The Pistols is beyond me. Some of you fucking hippies need to give your drug addled heads a fucking wobble. Fucking R.E.M.

Led Zep. Never got the Beach Boys.

Beach Boys very pleasant. The other band are Heavy Rock or Metal or whatever you like to class it and the antics of such gave rise to the Bands I like as a rebellion against such excess.

In my eyes Led Zepplin and their kind are to music and popular culture what United are to Football.

Scum. Noisy Scum at that.

Edit. I wish to withdraw my Scum comments. Thats me as 15 year old talking. Apologies.

Battle of the Bands - Beach Boys v Led Zep page 7

The Beach Boys wrote some of the most heartwarming melodic and beautiful tracks, but Led Zep did 'Achilles Heel' and 'Since I've been Loving You'

Led Zep, just.

Aphex said:
The Beach Boys wrote some of the most heartwarming melodic and beautiful tracks, but Led Zep did 'Achilles Heel' and 'Since I've been Loving You'

Led Zep, just.

Should I put you down for an Oasis vote now so you don't have to waste time posting when they appear?

Battle of the Bands - Beach Boys v Led Zep page 7

citykev28 said:
Aphex said:

Led Zep, just.

Should I put you down for an Oasis vote now so you don't have to waste time posting when they appear?

Ha

I love definitely maybe!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.