Battle of the Bands Final - Beatles v Rolling Stones 217

Re: Battle of the Bands - The Kinks v The Doors page 108

honkytonkman187 said:
The Kinks, without a doubt

Without a doubt ? Are you sure? It's taken you a while to cast your vote.

GrumpyFrog said:
The Doors had some great songs and an equally great frontman but little strength in depth.

The Kinks.

How did they have little strength in depth. Unknown soldier, roadhouse blues, soul kitchen, riders on the storm ?? They had even more in the armoury than that. Like I said many only know them for two songs, two that wern't IMO even in the top 15/20 songs they did

bobmcfc said:
GrumpyFrog said:
The Doors had some great songs and an equally great frontman but little strength in depth.

The Kinks.

How did they have little strength in depth. Unknown soldier, roadhouse blues, soul kitchen, riders on the storm ?? They had even more in the armoury than that. Like I said many only know them for two songs, two that wern't IMO even in the top 15/20 songs they did
I'm on the side that thinks Morrison was a fat, drunken buffoon. Good musicians though.

However, you can't beat The Kinks for songwriting, they were excellent.

By the way Bobilicious, have you seen this? The whole gig can be downloaded online.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY1Q01K7qac[/youtube]

He may have been all that but for all those who drool over Hendrix, let's not forget he was a violent woman beating wanker who couldn't handle the temper he had. The doors as a whole was more about the music for me that lifestyle.

I will check that out later but it's weird watching other people sing those songs. It kind of taints it for me. The closest I would say anyone comes to sounding like jim is the lead singer of the strokes. I nearly fell off my chair when I first heard him sing

bobmcfc said:
He may have been all that but for all those who drool over Hendrix, let's not forget he was a violent woman beating wanker who couldn't handle the temper he had. The doors as a whole was more about the music for me that lifestyle.

I will check that out later but it's weird watching other people sing those songs. It kind of taints it for me. The closest I would say anyone comes to sounding like jim is the lead singer of the strokes. I nearly fell off my chair when I first heard him sing
Sadly, The Strokes made one good album and faded into nothing.

They are also terrible live and a tad fake for my liking.

Banned Tosspot said:
bobmcfc said:

Sadly, The Strokes made one good album and faded into nothing.

They are also terrible live and a tad fake for my liking.

Kinda like his voice though. Like I said jim can be accused of many things, being a drunk, a flake and a superiorly sucky boyfriend but the doors can never be accused of lacking strength in depth or album loading just for the sake of getting one or 2 tracks to number one in the charts like it is today. Every song and lyric had meaning and depth. There are too many doors tracks that hit me like bolt of lightning every time I hear them.

Banned Tosspot said:
bobmcfc said:
GrumpyFrog said:

The Kinks.

I'm on the side that thinks Morrison was a fat, drunken buffoon. Good musicians though.

However, you can't beat The Kinks for songwriting, they were excellent.

By the way Bobilicious, have you seen this? The whole gig can be downloaded online.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY1Q01K7qac[/youtube]

After knoxy upsetting me yesterday ;-) thank you BT that was great, like the way Eddie didn't try to impersonate Jim and left the band to it for the instrumental phase. Is Eddie already in the final hehe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.