Bayern Munich (A) | Post Match Thread

Micah is possibly the worst Pundit of all time, a pantomime of a person who schtick is just shouting, grinning, stupid haircuts and drinking maximuscle.

He's an embarrassment to City fans when there are much better ex city players who could do a far better job

You might not like him (and I don’t watch it) but He’s doing really well and the CBS show in General is getting loads of plaudits and big audience ratings.

People like him enjoying himself and not taking football too seriously, they like the dynamic with Carragher, Abdo & Henry and joking with players instead of asking the same boring post match questions for 40 years.

There’s plenty of traditional football coverage for the rest of us.

Performance of the season for me that.

A very un City like set up of “go on then, you have the ball, see if you can score”. Not “us” in the slightest. Pep usually craves control via possession.

To minimise them to as little as we did, at their gaff, playing a way we aren’t accustomed to was incredibly impressive.

We were also very very good at knowing when to create chances and more importantly, the right process to make those chances, and when to just “hold” the ball.

The coaching on display was immaculate imo and the best Pep has drilled them in his time here.

No **** is living with us.

Go and take it lads.

Liew in the Guardian: “Instead, it is clubs such as City who are today’s establishment: imperious, institutionally secure, financially omnipotent. There is a treble there for the taking and it would be weirdly poetic if they did so by conquering Arsenal and Manchester United at home, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid and Milan in Europe: a roll-call of Europe’s legacy clubs, all bowing to the coming force.”
What have I just read?

The Guardian allowing something positive to be said about City?

200w.gif

Ederson, 9

Akanji, 7
Dias, 7
Ake, 5 (Laporte, 6)

Stones, 5
Rodri, 6

Bernardo, 9
De Bruyne, 7
Grealish, 9

Haaland, 7

Just flying back - great night.
Madrid police and authorities could learn a lot from Munich about how to treat guests in their City with respect. Hats off - civilised and friendly.
Just met Haaland Senior at the airport too.

Munich works in a way Manchester should, but sadly doesn't.

The difference between the “flip” is yours would have them still losing by 2 goals and mine would have them a man down with another half of football to be played still losing 3-0. And, as far as actually certain goal scoring opportunities, they only didn’t lose at home because of a penalty miss and a very dubious handball (I consider the Upamecano handball to be nailed as he absolutely meant to stick out his arm).

I think you saw a chasing, and I saw what both Bernardo and Kev spoke about in their post-match interviews: intentional tactics that we as fans are somewhat unaccustomed to but which are the necessary next step to hopefully secure our first CL.

Pep always has concerns and makes tweaks, as he did for the second half, but the team was playing exactly as he wanted them to. Bayern are the second best team in Europe and were always going to have chances. And we always had an answer.

For me, it was nowhere near a chasing. Bayern huffed and puffed and couldn’t blow our well-built house down. They got a “we’re sorry” penalty at the end to make it look far closer than it was.

In fact, it could have been a blow out if not for a marginal offside, a missed penalty, and a few squandered chances (they didn’t defend them well, we just wasted them with poor decision-making or passes in the moment).

Prior to the red card incident, both Sane and Musiala should both put their chances away.

If they were intentional tactics, I dare say Pep wouldn't have felt the need to get Bernie and Jack to afford the wide areas more protection.

I considered neither to be penalties, but that is just my interpretation of the game and the race to the bottom of how the officials see things.

Seconds to Haaland's goal, Eddie pulls off a good save and Bayern have nobody in the six yard area following up.

Don't get me wrong, with three goals banked, we could afford a margin of error, and we had other gears to go to, but my view is Bayern over the two legs could just as easily be claiming the semi-final spot if they had a finisher.

That's definitely the biggest concern from last night. Whilst I don't necessarily see a drop off from Ake to Laporte at centre back, it's going to be an issue against Saka. I can't see we have a solution beyond stopping Arsenal playing completely by controlling the game.

I don't see how we line-up, unless he goes with Walker as one of the three centre-halves and shifts Bernie to left-wing back?

I'm sure it will be Laporte between now and the end of the season at left-back.

Special mention for Eddie - hopefully the blue moaners will now shut up. His clean sheet stats are incredible. Class performance last last night.
He could do some work on his timewasting technique though, that’s the second time he’s been booked in the first half. Sloppy as fuck ;-)

In all seriousness though would love to know how many keepers have been booked in the first half of any match / comp. Special rules for us once again…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.