Bayern Munich (A) | Post Match Thread

If it was just a twinge/grade 1 tear it might only be 2-3 weeks.

He walked off ok and didn’t go down the tunnel for treatment just had it strapped up on the bench.

Three weeks out would still be a massive blow for someone I consider our player of the year, barring Haaland's incredible feats.

Arsenal will certainly be happier.

Prior to the red card incident, both Sane and Musiala should both put their chances away.

If they were intentional tactics, I dare say Pep wouldn't have felt the need to get Bernie and Jack to afford the wide areas more protection.

I considered neither to be penalties, but that is just my interpretation of the game and the race to the bottom of how the officials see things.

Seconds to Haaland's goal, Eddie pulls off a good save and Bayern have nobody in the six yard area following up.

Don't get me wrong, with three goals banked, we could afford a margin of error, and we had other gears to go to, but my view is Bayern over the two legs could just as easily be claiming the semi-final spot if they had a finisher.
Our setup and play were intentional tactics, both Bernardo and Kev said they were, so I am not sure why we would doubt their sincerity. Sometimes tweaks are needed based simply on what the opposition ended up doing (which you cannot know until you are well in the first half). And with Pep, they are always had, regardless of how well we are playing.

Bayern are a very good team; arguably the best left in the competition apart from us. They were always going to give us two good games. I agree they desperately needed a finisher, but that is their problem. We can only isolate and exploit the weaknesses set before us.

I think many are just not used to seeing us be more pragmatic, rather than try to suffocate our opposition with possession. But the pragmatism we showed last night—from the very beginning through to the final whistle—is actually what has me so excited.

To me, it shows a newfound maturity to both our players mindset and Pep’s management. We’re seeing new ways of winning; we aren’t simply a Plan A team and pray it works.

I think that should give everyone optimism for the run-in and beyond.

Last edited:
Performance of the season for me that.

A very un City like set up of “go on then, you have the ball, see if you can score”. Not “us” in the slightest. Pep usually craves control via possession.

To minimise them to as little as we did, at their gaff, playing a way we aren’t accustomed to was incredibly impressive.

We were also very very good at knowing when to create chances and more importantly, the right process to make those chances, and when to just “hold” the ball.

The coaching on display was immaculate imo and the best Pep has drilled them in his time here.

No **** is living with us.

Go and take it lads.
Anyone moaning about the performance last night are vastly underestimating how good Bayern are. They would murder any other English team over 2 legs. Probably the 2nd best team in Europe, certainly top 3.

It was rather easy after all. Some long shots and dangerous crosses form the left but that was it.
3rd consecutive semi final appearance in CL. Even if we don't get it even now it's a big achievement anyway.

Along with being in semi-finals in FA CUP as also we are in for the championship too, it's already a successful season.
Of course if we are left with 0 trophies would mean a failure but generally speaking we are doing more than fine. And perhaps we will not end up with 0 :)

A big concern is fatigue right now in Premier League, as Arsenal had 10 days to rest while we had Bayern and Sheffield so no rest at all. I hope this doesn't play any role. :( And what lineup against Sheffield? Rodri in? Haaland in? Silva in? KDB in? Dias in? Too many questions. I prefer to risk and rest these key players for Arsenal.
Arsenal play on Friday.

Three weeks out would still be a massive blow for someone I consider our player of the year, barring Haaland's incredible feats.

Arsenal will certainly be happier.

It would mean he's back for Real Madrid, the Chelsea-Brentford-Brighton last week of the season and potential FA Cup and CL finals so it would be a pretty big deal!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.