Bayern Munich (A) | Post Match Thread

Rafa Benitez when he was serving balls .

Don't believe the hype, we are nowhere near previous levels.

Timing is everything and we may just have it on our side, but ignore the hype train.

We got a chasing last night, certainly first half and were let off the hook.

Dias and Bernie had to compensate for some very below-par showings from Ake, Gundo, Kev and Rodri.

Still huge games to come in between and would have preferred Madrid at home for first leg, like Bayern, try and wipe them out.

No away goal means that whole playing home second is no advantage.
I don't think we were let off the hook, we played the game near perfectly, we stood up to the task, you don't beat teams of this level without suffering. Bayern are a better team than Madrid, but Madrid are wiser. Also for me playing away first is much better, look at last season.

Great performance over two legs to knock out one of the teams in Europe.
This is the top level and we are always learning.
This wasn’t Leeds or Forest at home.

I got a text off a fan from another team saying "I can't believe how poor Bayern are"!

This is one of the best teams in World football. I think we largely made them look ordinary, rather than having some kind of easy time against a poor side!

You're right, it was Ake and Laporte.

Akanji was the one who had it hanging over him.
He’s another one that will not get the plaudits he deserves for last night, especially given the challenge of playing on that bog.

That Coman turn everyone is raving about was simply him slipping on a patch of frogs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.