Bayern Munich (A) - Wed 19th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how quickly football changes. Not long ago I’d of thought u were crazy if you said walker was second choice in these kind of games, but seems we have evolved very quickly and stones at RB playing that role pushing into midfield is how we will go.

Tactical innit, and most enjoyable it is too. who doesn’t love win after win on the bounce eh?

But, this isn’t your usual game, it’s halfway through a 180 minute game of 4 quarters, we’re winning by 3 goals so Bayern are forced to attack boldly.
They have no choice in how they play and that predictability is to our advantage, so it’s not totally beyond the bounds of reason that Pep decides to mix it up to baffle & confuse by changing our system to a back four sitting relatively deep and then punish them on the counter.

I wouldn’t but there’s no second guessing Pep and, if so then Walker’s straight back in.

If we get through to the semis i'm confident we win the UCL.
  • Revenge against real madrid
  • Ageing madrid midfield
  • Experience to see games through this time
  • Crucially, second leg is at home
  • Potential teams to face in the final are Napoli, Milan, Inter and Benfica which are all beatable
Just see off bayern guys...

Tactical innit, and most enjoyable it is too. who doesn’t love win after win on the bounce eh?

But, this isn’t your usual game, it’s halfway through a 180 minute game of 4 quarters, we’re winning by 3 goals so Bayern are forced to attack boldly.
They have no choice in how they play and that predictability is to our advantage, so it’s not totally beyond the bounds of reason that Pep decides to mix it up to baffle & confuse by changing our system to a back four sitting relatively deep and then punish them on the counter.

I wouldn’t but there’s no second guessing Pep and, if so then Walker’s straight back in.
Who knows, it’s nice to have options. If we do get through and face Real, it will be interesting to see what he does against Vinicius, as Fernandinho played rb in that first game if I remember rightly and it really hurt us the lack of pace.

Ederson
Akanji, Dias, Ake
Stones, Rodri
Bernardo, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Grealish
Haaland

If we get through to the semis i'm confident we win the UCL.
  • Revenge against real madrid
  • Ageing madrid midfield
  • Experience to see games through this time
  • Crucially, second leg is at home
  • Potential teams to face in the final are Napoli, Milan, Inter and Benfica which are all beatable
Just see off bayern guys...
Generally agree with this.
We were the better team against Madrid last year over the two legs except for the 5 minutes of madness.
We are a better team this year and the team should be gagging to redress what should have been a fair result last time round.

It's just that nagging doubt that Madrid are some kind of hoodoo team.

This version of Pep football - City 2023 - is the best I've seen and is going to win us the Champions league, a treble, and a treble of back-to-back Premier Leagues.
We've even got Foden to work his way back in, and Walker looking hungry, waiting to shackle Vinicius junior in a couple of weeks, if needed.
What a time to be a blue.
It's all lovely sky blue gravy.
I never thought I'd see such days.

The back 4 that played Bayern at home (or back 3 plus John Boy) were all magnificent

Generally agree with this.
We were the better team against Madrid last year over the two legs except for the 5 minutes of madness.
We are a better team this year and the team should be gagging to redress what should have been a fair result last time round.

It's just that nagging doubt that Madrid are some kind of hoodoo team.
Let’s get past the German rags first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.