Bayern Munich (A) - Wed 19th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer to see a more conventional backline, certainly with Walker and Ake as the full-backs.

Don't think we should allow them the wide areas and be exposed to that obvious threat again.

We don't need to overload the midfield for this one and Stones can still play us out of the press.

Our win in the first leg affords us the luxury of playing counters and picking our moments.

Expect Mueller and Mane to play, so we need to prevent the wide deliveries.

I'm also leaning towards the template for a semi we would need against Madrid, where Walker would absolutely need to start up against Vinicius.

................Ederson.....
Walker...Stones..Dias...Ake..
Bernie......Rodri...Gundo..Grealish..
..................Kev...
.........................Haaland

I would prefer to see a more conventional backline, certainly with Walker and Ake as the full-backs.

Don't think we should allow them the wide areas and be exposed to that obvious threat again.

We don't need to overload the midfield for this one and Stones can still play us out of the press.

Our win in the first leg affords us the luxury of playing counters and picking our moments.

I'm also leaning towards the template for a semi we would need against Madrid, where Walker would absolutely need to start up against Vinicius.

..................Kev...

I get the points you make, but personally I want to see us play to our strengths and let the opposition worry about us. Which, after the last game v Bayern, they will be.

My only criticism of Pep in the last few years, in this competition, is that at this point in the season, he's changed things to nullify the opposition, rather than backed our players to outplay them. When we're at our best I firmly believe we're the best team in Europe, let's give the players the chance to prove that. Full strength from the off, no mercy.

..................Kev...
I agree, it’s the team I’d pick. Pep won’t though, he will play Akanji.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.